9 Jan 2016

Black and Gold flourish

To anyone that is kind enough to drop by here, I say a very warm and welcome
Hello

Sadly I have been absent from the crafting scene for a few years (it drove me bonkers not being able to craft!) but I now have the time and a space to be creative again. Hurrah! Rather than start my old blog up again, I've decided to start a new blog.

This is my first post on this blog, so here goes: 

Here is a card that I have created for the Less is More week 258 challenge, where the theme is a one layer card with a flourish. 

It is a really simple card, but I like the way it turned out.

  
For this card, I made a corner background by embossing the Stempleglede 'Grunge Scroll' flourish in Wow embossing powder (Metallic Brass Sparkle).
This was overcoloured with Black Soot Distress ink marker and I wiped away the excess on the embossing with a paper towel.
The Waltzing Mouse 'Big Day Additions'  sentiment stamp was inked with Versafine Onyx Black.
Thank you for looking and I hope you will pass by again.
Sharon xxx

11 comments:

  1. Very classy card Sharon, love black and gold!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, very stylish colour combination.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fab - simple's not as easy to get right as many people think and this is just right. Love the brass flourish

    Welcome back to blogland and crafting - ENJOY!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great vote of confidence. Thank you Kathy

      Delete
  4. Stunning!
    I have some of these Stempelglede stamps... I really must fish them out after seeing this beauty!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crissie. Such praise form you is worth a lot.

      Delete
  5. WOW! Ooozing elegance and drama here. Fabulous colour choice and perfectly flourished! thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sumptuous, stunning card, looks so rich.
    Welcome back to blogging and crafting.
    Thank you so much for your entry
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this is gorgeous. Love the opulent feel and it looks so classy. Welcome back!
    Sorry I'm so late visiting!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.