29 Jan 2016

Hello

Hello! Thanks for popping by.
Today is a good day for this blog. I've received an 'Honorable Mention' for a card submitted to the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown January Colours Challenge.  
Thank you so much ladies!
Your badge will be displayed on this blog with pride.
Today's card has had the elements lying around on my desk for a few days. I just couldn't get the composition right until a challenge popped up this morning.

I'm entering my card into 2 challenges today:
CAS Colours and sketches challenge #158 ( a sketch challenge). When I saw this layout I knew it was perfect for the elements that I had put together for this card.

Also entered into The Card Concept challenge 47 - Floral Elegance.  I was inspired by the colours and the flowers (which I used subtly on my background)
I think the style is probably closest to Clean and Layered. Well it seems to fit some of the definition:
  • Clean lines - check
  • Lots of layers - check
  • Designer papers/ embossing- embossing check
  • Embellishments/accents - not really, unless the fancy bits of the spellbinders die can be classed as accents
  • Clean and fresh looking - check
  • Some coloured images at times - not really
  • White Space - check
Items used in this card are:
Versamark watermark ink pad
Adirondack Brights - Hazelnut ink pad
Stampendous Clear embossing powder
Sizzix Radient Rectangles Die
VAP Scrap sentiment
Stamps by Chloe - Feb004 Flower Background
Thanks so much for looking. I hope you'll pop by again soon
Hugs,
Sharon







18 comments:

  1. Well done on your honorable mention,you make today is fab too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love all of the texture with the lacy die cut and the fun sentiment- thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour combo and the delicate lacy corners contrasting with the rustic look of the kraft card. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Jane

      Delete
  4. Wonderful card! I love the fancy frame and neutral colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful interpretation of the photo inspiration!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty color combination! Thanks for joining us over at the Card Concept this week!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the tone-on-tone embossed flowers on the card base! You've done a great job with our CC&S sketch. Thanks for playing along in our challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your HM. Love the lace details and the soft colour tones you have used. Wonderful take on the sketch & hanks for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours and your subtle flowers on the background, a great touch. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.