22 Jan 2016

Say it with Flowers

I think this is the first time I have entered the Clarity Stamp challenge, despite having 5 A4 folders jam-packed with their stamps, as well as folders with their stencils, masks and Groovi plates. 
 
Well, I have been out of crafting action for a couple of years or so, but I did carry on purchasing 'for the future' in that time....like you do (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).
 
The theme for the January Clarity Stamp Blog challenge is 'Say it with Flowers'.
 
This time the 'virgin' item used is the poppy stamp.


It's been soooooo long since I did some proper colouring in. Still need a bit more practice, but not a bad attempt after so long.
 
Items used in this creation:
Clarity Stamps: Poppies and field mice set, Thank you line, vegetation in background using a tree from the Trees, Moon and Bird set.
Clarity Masks: Hills & Mountains, Clouds
Embossing Powder: Heat It Up, Crimson Red
Distress Inks: Iced Spruce, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass
Distress Markers, Worn Lipstick, Barn Door, Festive Berries, Scattered Straw, Iced Spruce, Bundled Sage
Other items: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, VersaMark Watermark Ink, Stencil Brushes
 
 
Well, I do hope that I have done the challenge justice.  I thoroughly enjoyed creating this card.
 
Enjoy the rest of your week,
Hugs,
Sharon xx

20 comments:

  1. I think it's lovely, Sharon, I love that particular stamp. I like you spent two years buying stamps ahead of my retirement! If it's any consolation now I have retired I am glad I did as I am using lots of them ( but still away to go) good luck in the challenge, it's a fun thing to do each month, X X X X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. Ha Ha, I fully intend to start using all those stamps and dies this year.

      Delete
  2. You certainly have done well after a two year break from crafting. It must be like riding a bike! Wonderful colouring of your poppies with a pretty landscape behind. Will be looking forward to seeing more of your entries this year with all your Clarity stash. Good luck in this month's challenge Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments Lesley. I suppose it is a little like riding a bike .... I'm still wobbling at the moment ;-) xx

      Delete
  3. A beautiful card is love how you have used this stamp. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Carol.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Well you haven't lost your talent . It's lovely .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! what praise! Thank you Janice.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Love your poppys with your delicate background nice work good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. You are very kind
      xx

      Delete
  6. A lovely card Sharon, so vibrant and a perfect piece for this month's challenge. Welcome back to the crafting world, and good luck with your entry....Hope to see more from you over the coming months x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments
      xx

      Delete
  7. So delighted you decided to join in Sharon a lovely card. Hope you will continue to be part of the Challenge this year. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Just beautiful Sharon, your colouring is wonderful. I love the composition of this artwork too. Thank you for sharing and good luck in the challenge. Xx
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Amanda. Thank you so much
      xx

      Delete
  9. Simple, effective design; bold, dramatic colour; what's not to love! Looking forward to seeing more of your designs in the months ahead. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Such lovely comments. Thank you so much Barbara.
      xx

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card! I also have lads of stencils, stamps and now Groovi plates that I haven't used yet! X

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.