20 Feb 2016

Dragonfly

Hello. Who would have thought I would be back so soon?
Ha, Ha! I'm really on a roll today!
 
It's Less Is More challenge day today and the theme this week is 'Texture'
 
oooh-er! I've already made 5 cards for that challenge and there are still another couple of ideas in my head.
My goodness....think I'll have to lie down soon! All this creativity coming at once is just not normal.
 
Anyway, I've popped on to show one card which used my initial idea, and tomorrow I'll be back with either another card OR a tutorial which 3 of my cards use.
(Not sure which to post yet and whichever one is not lucky will be posted on Monday).
 
 
 The texture on this one comes from pearlescent texture paste through a sweet poppy metal stencil. The sentiment is just heat embossed.
 
I think this photo picks up the texture pretty well
 
 
The dragonfly was made with alcohol inks on acetate.
 
 
Items used:
Sweet Poppy dimension paste - pearlescent
Sweet Poppy stencil - Cornflowers
Docrafts PMA 10096 Sentiment stamp
Stampendous White embossing powder
Alcohol inks - Wild Plum and Stream
Memory Box Willow Dragonfly die
 
 
Thanks so much for looking,
I do hope you'll be back again tomorrow.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

  1. That certainly is fabulous texture, and I love how the matted layers pick out the dragonfly colour and pull it together. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely make and texture and a fabulous colour too

    Kahtyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! So happy you stopped by, Sharon. I'm giddy with excitement... fancy meeting a fellow crafter and blogger here in Portugal. Trying to follow you but the wretched button isn't working. Keeps telling me to try again later. And so I shall. Enough chit chat - your card is gorgeous. So perfectly CAS and classy. I just don't get CAS - it takes me hours to produce one. And you make it look so effortless. I shall be back to snoop some more.
    x Asha
    p.s. The party was a blast... and birthday girl wore blue hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card Sharon, the pearlescent paste looks great.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing texture Sharon, this is a fabulous card... I love your dragonfly too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are loving this one Sharon and why not! Another superb use of texture and such an elegant creation. thanks again for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous texture Sharon, looks so effective - and that dragonfly is super.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely beautiful card. I love your dragonfly. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.