8 Feb 2016

Follow your dreams

Hello again. 
Well, no doubt as you are reading this I have my head down finishing off some of the day invitations for my daughter's wedding. I am so glad that I made myself take a break on Saturday to have a little play with my crafting goodies, otherwise there would have been nothing to post on my blog this week.

But you know, sometimes you just have to follow your dreams ;-)


It is precisely through following our dreams that I am sat here in Portugal today. You see it was always my husbands dearest wish that he would retire abroad in a warm country. We were one of the lucky ones in that his job allowed him to take early retirement and provided a good pension for him. I do so worry about the younger generation being able to live comfortably when they get older. 

Of course I do miss my kids and grandchildren, but we have telephones, Skype, FaceTime....and after all we are only a couple of hours away on a plane. But I wouldn't swap it for anything. We are living our dream and I love it. 

So I say to all of you, grab your dreams while you can, follow them and live life to the full!

 Right. Enough waffle. Back to the card.
Today's card is being entered into 3 challenges:
Fusion Challenge - Paper Hearts I was so inspired by the colours in the photo

and CAS(E) This Sketch #158 which I used as a basis for the layout

and Creative Fingers Challenge #102 - as always Anything Goes

I really had fun creating this card:

I used a messy wash of distress inks on the base card, masked off into the 3 sections on the sketch. Trouble was, the distress inks leaked under the masking - very messy! So I had to cut out 2 pieces of white card so that I had the 3 distinct areas in the sketch. Ah, that made it clean looking again.

The pricking around the edge was done by hand. So wish I could get my hands on those stitched squares, circles and rectangles over here in Portugal that everyone seems to be using.  If I order them from the USA, customs here will make me pay as much again in tax!
So, hand pricking it'll have to be.

It was also a bit 'hit and miss' if I would get the sentiment stamped properly. You see I hadn't taken the blue coating off the Clarity stamp and I had nothing in the craft room to remove it. So I was adding multi-coloured inks on top of the blue coating. Couldn't really see if I had covered it all.

Guess this time I was just lucky, eh?
Items used:
Distress Inks: Mowed Lawn, Carved Pumpkin, Barn Door, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch
Die From the Sizzix Thinlits Plus Box Pillow set
Sentimet Stamp from Claritystamp
Die that the sentiment is put onto from Sizzix Detail Scallops.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my card. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with some wisdom added in! great encouragement post ~K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Sorry for the late reply....not been well this week.
      Sharon xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! Love all the different colors on it. Macau is very much like Portugal, all the old Portuguese architecture sites are now world heritage sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rahmat. Must make a note to visit Macau some day.
      Sharon xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card! Love all the different colors on it. Macau is very much like Portugal, all the old Portuguese architecture sites are now world heritage sites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a gorgeous die! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Leigh
      Sharon xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is amazing! I love your card! Thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.