17 Feb 2016

Love and Cherish and a Star Book

Today I'm sending a bit of warmth and sunshine your way
in the terms of the colours and images on my card. 
I really hope these colours brighten up your day a little.

This one is being entered into the Clarity Stamp monthly challenge where February's theme is 'Love'.
Also entering this into Simply Create Too Challenge #102 where the theme is Love or Valentines.

I've had enough of making valentines cards so this love card would be suitable for anyone lucky enough to jet off and get married in the sun, or it could also be used for an anniversary card.
 
 
Items used:
Claritystamp Coated Cardstock
Claritystamps Clear Stamps: Stampstamps, Wee Folk 6 Wedding, Wedding Line Sentiments
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Candied Apple and a tiny bit of Tumbled Glass
Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
Black Fine Liner Pen
 

Method:

Stamp the stampstamps in Versafine onyx black, carefully masking the ones that you want to appear in front.
Ha! I used masks made from post-it notes and got right to the end of the main topper before I remembered that I'd bought the stampstamps masks! Would have made this much easier if I'd remembered that in the first place. Hey Ho!)

Stamp the silhouettes inside the postage stamps with Versafine onyx black.

Mask all the stamps and brayer the background with mustard seed, spiced marmalade and candied apple distress inks.

Brayer the card blank with the same inks (I did both front and back).

Sponge the backgrounds into the postage stamps using the same inks and a touch of tumbled glass in the middle image for some water.

Stamp the sentiment in versafine onyx black ink. Doodle a deckle edge with a black pen.

I stuck the topper onto a black mat (didn't trust myself to do a good black line round the edge freehand) and then stuck that onto the card blank.

et Voila!
 

Star Book

After I made this I was really in the Clarity mood so....
 
...I also had a quick go at the star book that Barbara Grey gave us the instructions for here.
 
Think I will enter this into House of Cards Challenge - Shaped Cards
 
This one is probably going to my granddaughter.
 
I love it! These are so sweet!
 
It doesn't show up very well, but the stamping is a two-tone blue and green.
 
And actually, doing the stamping for this one reminded me that these clever corners are really, really clever.
They make beautiful patterns.

 Think I'll be getting a few of them out more often.
 
Anyway, back to the star book.
 
I didn't have any mount board to make the covers with, so I improvised. I found some little tiles of Stampboard so used 4 of those for each cover.
 
Items used:
Stampboard
Claritystamp clever corner - think this one is Victorian. Still available in a set of corners.
Claritystamp Happy Words 'With Love'
Archival Brilliance Inkpad, Peacock
Plain paper and a piece of ribbon.

Rightie-ho, I'm off to see what you have all made today.

Thank you so much for stopping by. It was lovely to see you.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Sharon, the first one is simply fantastic, love all the bright colors, and the second shaped one is so very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sharon, and wonderful colours. Yes those masks make life a lot easier. Been there and done that too. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely way to use the stamp stamps,Sharon. I agree with you this card is very versatile. Well done for creating a starbook too. Good luck in the Clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lovely and very well done good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have used these stamps and the colour background. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous creations! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fun folded card--the two tone blue is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the bright and cheery card and the star book is beautiful and looks like it was fun to make! thank you so much for playing along with us at house of cards!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bright, sunny card Sharon. Love your choice of colours and stamps. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and star book too Sharon ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A vibrant card to cheer up a very wet day here in the north of Scotland - we could do with some of your sunshine! I love how you've used the 'stamp' stamps and given them a different twist. Thank you for joining in with this month's Clarity Challenge and best wishes. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much fun is this star book - have not made one of these for a really long time, Thanks for entering our HOC Challenge this month. Shirley H. HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! The star is an amazing creation, haven't seen that one before. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.