6 Feb 2016

One Sketch, Two Ways

Hi! Thanks for coming to visit. It is so nice to see you.
 
Today I have a couple of cards to show you. Both use the same sketch, but one is all white and the other is coloured.
 
April has provided the sketch at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown so I think I need to enter both cards into that challenge!
 
My first card is the White on White on which I will be entering into the Less Is More challenge. They are 5 years old - Congratulations ladies!
 
 
This card was made in the following way:
Mask off a panel on some linen card. Randomly stamp the Penny Black Xmas Star (A wooden poinsettia stamp) in versamark ink and emboss with WOW sparkling snow embossing powder.
 
Each side of the panel add a row of clear DST and sprinkle it with Crystal Glamour Dust.
 
Layer up the spellbinders Layered Poinsettia, which was cut out in white pearlised card.  Add a white brad to secure.
 
The sentiment was fiddly. It comes from the Tonic Studios Cracker and sentiment set. The die has both words in a single line so first I separated the words.  Then I removed the candle flame from the top of the 'i' because I thought it detracted from the all poinsettia look of the card. I cut a tiny circle for the 'i'.
 
It's a bit of a sparkly card and I'm sure I'll be clearing up the glamour dust for days. Ha Ha.
 
 
 
Now for the coloured version:
 
I'm entering this into the Colour Throwdown Challenge #378
 
 
 
 
This card was made in the following way:
 
Mask a panel and randomly stamp the holly stamp from Inkadinkado Christmas Silhouettes stamp set in Pink Sherbet Adirondack ink. Emboss with WOW Clear Sparkle Embossing Powder.
Sponge the panel with Tumbled Glass and Hickory Smoke Distress Inks.
Add detail to the berries by dotting with Festive Berries Distress Pen
 
Stamp the Indigo Blu Dinkie Snowman in Hickory Smoke distress Ink. Add a little of the ink direct to paper to give the impression of a roundness shadow at the bottom of the image.
Colour the buttons, holly and robin with Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Festive Berries and Hickory Smoke distress pens.
Colour the snowman with versamark ink pen and heat emboss with the WOW Clear Sparkle embossing powder.
Sentiment was stamped in Pink Sherbet Adirondack.
 
 
Thank you so much for popping by and looking at these cards.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx
 
 

24 comments:

  1. Great cards! I love the Christmas poinsettia die, very pretty with this sketch design. I laughed at the sparkly dust, because I usually end up with it on my face ~K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comments. I laughed too because when my husband saw me he told me I had a glittery face. :-)

      Delete
    2. One sparkly face should follow another! hence I'm following your art ~K

      Delete
    3. Thank you. I've returned the favour and am following you too. Sparkly faces unite! :-)

      Delete
  2. This WOW card is SO pretty Sharon, it looks so classy and elegant!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie. Well I was aiming for an elegant look with this one.

      Delete
  3. What a great layout! Love the sparkle on your snowman. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection Sharon, Love the sheer elegance and stunning sparkle of your card. Simply beautiful and Thanks for playing along in our 5th Birthday celebrations at Less is More. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Sarah. Trying so hard to master the CAS style so that comment means a lot to me.
      Sharon xx

      Delete
  5. Love these cards! Gorgeous poinsettia and snowman. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April. I loved your sketch and will probably use it a lot.
      Sharon xx

      Delete
  6. A fabby selection of sparkly makes

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are just lovely!!! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh you made two cards for our challenge! Just amazing. Love them both! :)
    Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT, hope you will join us again :) xx Kaja

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both so pretty and so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful Christmas cards!!! The poinsettia card is sooo classy and elegant and how cute is that sparkly snowman!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your poinsettia, so elegant as WOW!
    Thanks so much for joining our 5th birthday challenge
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your white on white card is so classy, love the shimmer and the poinsettia die cut with the brad looks fabulous.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Sharon, the Poinsettia one is so elegant.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Both your cards are outstanding. I absolutely love the white on white, so crisp and so elegant. You rocked this sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with our sketch challenge at 52CCT. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.