28 Feb 2016

Phoenix Rising

Hello there.
 
Thanks for stopping by. How's your weekend going? 
 
A little bit late today because I've been busy sorting out my distress inks.
I don't know if you are like me, I started with good intentions of keeping the blenders separated for each ink pad but then I ended up just grabbing the nearest pink, or blue or whatever when using them.
 
Oh boy, it was one holy muddle! 
 
So, now I've attached a tiny bit of Velcro to the bottom of my inks and have stuck one blender onto each pad.
 
Let's hope that keeps me more organised!
 
Anyway, while all those scrummy ink pads were out, I just had to play.
 
 
I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!
 
I was going to keep this blog for my CAS journey, but sometimes, you know, you just have to go with the flow.
 
What can I say?
My name is Sharon and I'm a bold colour addict!
 
And this has given me the little fix I needed.
 
I think that lovely curly bird looks just like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
 
This little card is for 2 challenges:
The Chocolate Baroque Challenge No 20 which has this gorgeous inspiration photo.  I was hooked as soon as I saw those colours!
 
 
I think I'll also enter this as a second entry into the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge #182 Make your mark. I've used pens and a white pencil to highlight the bird
 
Here's a closer look at the pencil marks
 
And hopefully this shows the shine from the perfect pearls that I applied and the subtle background stamping.
 
Items used:
Chocolate Baroque Curly Birds set
Chocolate Baroque Gothic Fragments
Chocolate Baroque sentiment from Damask Squares (this one I think is discontinued now?)
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, Fired Brick
Distress Pens Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin
White Polychromo Pencil
Perfect Pearls mists - Mandarin
Stampendous clear embossing powder
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Few tiny gold gemstones.
 
Hope you like it. Thank you for your visit and I hope to see you again soon,
 
 
Hugs,
Sharon

12 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card Sharon, I do love bold colours, keep them coming :)

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner, Sharon! You've blended these bright, bold colours so beautifully. That bird stamp is one of my faves too. Love it.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, card after my own heart. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fab and such GORGEOUS colours, thanks for being my latest follower

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I'm very impressed at your organising your inks, do you want to come and sort mine now?! Have a great day, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Phoenix Sharon, the colors matches him perfectly! He is special to me as my email name is also Phoenix but than in Dutch: vuurvogel, xMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sharon, I too love these colours and your card really shows them off at their best.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Sharon, fabulous fiery background, and the bird does indeed look like a phoenix rising from the flames. I store my blender sponges under my inkpads the same way, it's about the only thing that is organised in my craft room! Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful inking on this card, its very bold and vibrant, and the phoenix looks fantastic Sharon, so glad to see you at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Striking card! Bravo! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at Addicted to Stamps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card! Love the background and how well you blended the colours and the bird is the phoenix

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.