11 Mar 2016

An afternoon's colouring

Hello there!
Thanks for popping by
 
I'm here to share a card created from a little colouring session I had yesterday afternoon.
 
 
 Oh err! that's a close shot isn't it. But hopefully it picks up the sparkle on the purple flowers.
 
I've used the sketch from CAS colours and Sketches #164 and as the rules say you can change a square element to a rectangle element, this card should fit
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.pt/
 
 
I'd also like to enter this into
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything goes




I just loved this stamp from chocolate baroque. It was like having a little colouring page that I can use over and over again in different colourways.  This is a bold and bright version but I think the next time I'll use a more subtle, delicate pastel colour palette.  I love the bright colours though.

One of the interesting thigs was not knowing what affect the glossy accents would have on the distress pens...would they change colour? (Yes they did).





 
I used a ton of glossy accents to give the panel some depth and texture....you can see them drying here:



Items used:
Chocolate Baroque stamp - Baroque Orchids
Distress Markers:Peacock Feathers, Lucky Clover, Cracked Pistachio, Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke.
Clear Star Gelli Roll pen
Signo uniball gold pen
Inkssentials glossy accents.
 
 
 
No sentiment yet because I'm waiting for the right one to arrive in the post...yay! happy mail!
 
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
See you again tomorrow :-)
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant work Sharon, I love Chocolate Baroque stamps too. You've excelled in this card, what a treasure. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning. You did a great job of colouring and adding the glossy accents was inspired. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colours, some of my favourites. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks amazing Sharon! loving the purple and that fab stamping ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - gorgeous coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, Sharon! The colours are amazing and I love that you've used Glossy Accents to add Glossy Accents for texture. I kow I'll be rubbing my finger over the bumpy bits. Glad to see you're a fan of CB too!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours are gorgeous and I love what the glossy accents do. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have more patience than I do to color such an intricate design! LOL! You did a fantastic job with it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, perfect colouring. Thanks for joining in at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.