5 Mar 2016

Less Is More 266

Good Morning!
 
Are you well? 
 
Feeling a little chirpy myself. The sun is shining and that always makes me feel very happy indeed.
 
Can you believe it's the first weekend in March already?  Where is that time rushing away to?
 
It's week 266 at the Less is More challenge and as it's the first Saturday of the month it means that it's
COLOUR WEEK
 
The lovely zingy colours this time are
CITRUS!

I do hope you will all come and join us.
Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the amazing cards the rest of the design team have made
 
Well, anyone that knows me well will know that where possible I like to do something a little different than my usual stuff on at least one of my DT cards.

I don't always manage to do that cut today for my first card,
instead of zinging it up, I softened it all down!
 
Not like me, eh?  Bold colours are what I LOVE to use, but we have to stretch ourselves, don't we?
 
 
this first card was inspired by the lovely lemon tree that I am lucky enough to have in my garden. I tried to replicate the colours in my photo.
  
To create this card I masked it off so that there was a panel on the right to work on. That panel was sponged in distress ink, concentrating the lightest colour in the middle.
 
I then stamped the branches in 1st and 2nd generation ink and then inked up the little figure and tapped the feet on spare paper to blot them a bit so that it would give the air of mistiness to the little scene.
 
I removed the mask and then added a couple more branches hanging over the edge of the panel and stamped the sentiment to finish.
 
I'm entering this into:
 CAS on Sunday - where the theme is a 'One Layer Wonder'
One Layer Simplicity Challenge - Let Green 'March' In
The Card Concept - Shamrock, Patterns and Green - I was inspired by the green
 
 
Items used:
Distress inks: Twisted Citron, Shabby Shutters, Squeezed Lemonade (hope that will count as a neutral because it is so light!)
Clarity Stamp Stamps: Wee Folk 1, Branch from Journaling set, With Love sentiment
 

Now onto the next card

 where I incorporated Lemons, Limes, Oranges and Red Grapefruit!
 
This one is for:
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Always Anything Goes
 
 
This was created by sponging the colours onto the base cardstock, attaching a die cut piece of card on top of the sponging with 3d pads and adding a sentiment.
 
Items used:
Spellbinders Medallion 4
DieSire sentiment
Distress Inks: Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Candied Apple
 

Now for the final card

I'm into my splattering at the moment so I wanted to make a subtly splattered card with these colours.
 
This is for:
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
 
 
Items used:
Spellbinders Flourish Trim
Sentiment....I know I bought it from the Glitterpot, It is a red rubber stamp but for the life of me I cannot remember who makes it. Sorry!
Distress Inks: Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Candied Apple
 

Before I go....

I have to Thank the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge for picking my Pheonix Rising card as one of their 'Honourable Addicts'. Yay! Thank you so much!
 
Hope you like my makes.
Thank you for coming over to see me.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

24 comments:

  1. All fabulous Sharon!
    It's difficult to pick a fave, but you caught the essence of your lemon tree perfectly!
    It's SO good to have you on the team!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous examples! Your lemon tree card is perfectly misty and soft, so lovely, and I LOVE the vibrancy of the others. Thank you for making three inspirational cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OM goodness Sharon you are rockin here! Love them all. The delicate scene on the first one is simply awesome and loving the zingy vibrancy of the other two with your clever die-cuts. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am inspired by these gorgeous cards Sharon! I love the dreamy softness of your inked panel and the die you have used on your second card is fabulous with the zingy colours behind. The combination of white space and citrus colours really pop. Great to be on the LIM team with you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, I think the last one is my favourite, but then again the first is fab and actually the middle one is stunning. Heck, I can't pick just one! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three great cards, love the effect you've achieved in your first card. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great cards. I love the subtle panel with the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to make one of those green sponged edges ... but nothing like your wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your cards are stunning Sharon..and so different!
    Love the lemon tree inspired one though!! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon what a gorgeous bunch! Your soft and ethereal lemon tree inspired card is beautiful and I am in love with the Spellbinders medallion - seems ages since I bought one of tjeir dies but looks like I 'need' this one... x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, Sharon! I love that you used splattering on your third card - thanks for adding it to the Seize The Birthday gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome set of cards! Love the soft greens. So pretty. Thanks for sharing at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my stunning cards but your lemon tree is my favourite - looks like a lovely sunny day in Tuscany! I wish we had the sun for a lemon tree -

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your cards Sharon !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards Sharon! They are all so soft and lovely. The first is wonderfully serene.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautiful cards Sharon, love your lemon tree too...wow to see that in my garden would be amazing ! ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm so late visiting, teamie! Loving these creations, your lemon tree panel is just beautiful, such a serene feel to it. And those bright hues showing through your die cut are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great trio of cards. Love the inlaid die and careful blending of colours and your one layer lemon tree is lovely, so,subtle with the silhouette. Must be fab having your own lemon tree! X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards ... all 3 of them. Certainly very citrusy. I'm afraid to play with these colours because its so easy to cross the line from pretty to gaudy. But you've got the balance just right, Sharon. Bravo!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are beautiful! I was lured over by your OLS Challenge (and I love how the tree edges into the white part).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - such gorgeous creations!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.