12 Mar 2016

Less is More #267

Good Morning LIMettes! 
 
Well another week has flown by and here we are at the dreaded One Layer Week
at Less is More and the theme is a Sentiment Focus.
 
so let the sentiment take centre stage!
 
We have a fabulous Guest Designer joining us this week
and it is Irina from http://www.scrapbookingblog.ru/ 
Do hop over to see the wonderful card she has made for the challenge.
 
My first DT item is fabulously colourful.
I just had to have a play with the new distress crayons that landed on my mat this week
 (I wonder who ordered them?.....hahahaha).

 
The Theresa Collins sentiment was stamped in Archival jet black ink and quickly heat embossed with Ranger Superfine detail clear embossing powder. The outside of the card was masked off with post-it notes so that only the sentiment block was visible. Next came the fun part. Distress crayons from Set 1 were scribbled in random places over the sentiment and then smudged and blended with my fingers. Finally, leaving the post-its in place, the sentiment block was inked with Versamark and clear heat embossed a couple of times.
 
As I like to enter a few challenges, that one is for Addicted to Stamps and more for the CAS challenge
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.pt/

 
For my next DT card I have gone all Clarity once again as this is one of my favourite sentiments.



A post-it note, cut down to size for the sentiment was plonked (very technical crafty terminology!) in the middle of the card blank and then the small curled ClarityStamps feather was randomly stamped in Versamark Dazzle Frost around the outside. That ink gives a lovely sheen in real life but the camera doesn't pick it up.  The post-it was removed, a stamp positioner lined up and then I masked off and stamped each line separately to get the two-tone effect. The inks used for that are Wild Plum and Stream Adirondacks.

This one is for Through The Craftroom Door, Anything Goes challenge



Then I came across my old peg stamps that I bought years and years ago. I also found a freebie sentiment from Craft Stamper magazine (again....many years old!) so I made a quick card in tones of green using those.


The sentiment was stamped in London Fog Memento to give the shadow, and then stamped again in Bottle Adirondak, slightly to the right and up from the grey stamping. The Habico Tropical Flowers peg stamps were inked and randomly stamped in a selection of inks: Adirondacks...Bottle, Meadow, Lettuce and Distress Inks... Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn and Lucky Clover. Finally little blobs of stardust stickles were randomly added to give some interest and shine.

This is for Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
And Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Bit O' Green


Then I decided to play with a Papertrey Ink sentiment.




The sentiment was inked up in Wild Plum Adirondak. The tiny flowers and butterfly came from The Secret Garden Graphic 45 sets. Initially I hadn't stamped the faded butterfly at the top, but I thought the card was missing something. Hmmm...not so sure now I have blogged it.

This is for Cards In Envy which are showcasing Beautiful Butterflies this week






Phew! What a Marathon!!!!
 
 
Well, that's it from me.
 
Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by, it was good to see you.
Please let me know which card is your favourite. :-)
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx
 

23 comments:

  1. Wow what a fabulous collection of one layer beauties Sharon! Each one so different and totally eye catching! Love reading all the techniques you've use and the lilac one in particular must have taken a lot of patience! It's a bit o' green at Simon says stamp Wednesday this week so you might want to drop in there with that one! Have a fun week! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely array of sentiment cards, Sharon, and great colour choices. I think my fave is the green one, gorgeous layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Sharon! I am swithering over whether I need the Distress Crayons but your first card has taken me one step closer to a purchase :) Love the rich colours and blend you have achieved. I love that clarity sentiment and stamp too - it is perfect for this challenge and the last card is beautifully designed. Lots of great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous cards. Enjoyed the different techniques and learning about them. Thank you for the inspiration. Loving the faded butterfly on your fourth card, works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Sharon! I do struggle with CAS. Just don't know when to stop fiddling. But you've got it just right; and the cards look fabulous. Very classy. I'm only just catching up with visits and comments. Blame my dicky tummy. It'll be awhile before I think about having my MIL's arroz doce! :) Have a fab weekend.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very beautiful, I love the Adironack card as wild plum is one of my absolute fave colours!
    Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your first DT card. It has such a great sentiment and I really like the way that you've made it so colourful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your cards are lovely, Sharon. I especially like the first card. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such gorgeous cards Sharon! I can't believe how many techniques you've used (and how many cards you've made)... wow! I really love all of them, but the one with the Distress crayons just has the edge for me as I love those vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. Your beautiful sentiment and butterfly stamp make a lovely focal point! I also like the added touch of the shadow butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy's "Beautiful Butterflies" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you've been busy, a great selection of cards and lots of inspiration. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful selection of cards.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...nice cards! Clearly you are keeping busy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! a plethora of fabulousness Sharon!
    it would be difficult to pick a fave from these beauties...great stamping!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful set of cards,and just LOVE your DT card with these bright colores...Thank you for joining us at ATSM...Željka XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you've been very productive. They're all too lovely to pick a favourite. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Distress crayons sound fun, lovely background. I like the purple on purple and the flowery edge card and the butterflies, so all of them really! Favourite? Probably the flowery edge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Distress crayons sound fun, lovely background. I like the purple on purple and the flowery edge card and the butterflies, so all of them really! Favourite? Probably No.3.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! Love the one for our challenge! I really like the purple on white and the faded butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous collection Sharon - love those DI crayons, you created gorgeous colour with them x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving all of them Sharon,so beautful ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.