Instagram

26 Mar 2016

Less is More 269 - Polka Dots

Hello there. Are you all okay?

First up, I will apologise for the way this post looks.
Currently I am away from home, my PC and have no laptop so I am using my iPad and I'm afraid that I am pretty rubbish at doing the layout bits on Blogger from my iPad. But I will do my best and hopefully it will look okay.

Anyhow, it's Saturday so that means it is time for the next Less is More challenge and our theme this week is Polka Dots.

Hope you'll visit the rest of the design team as they have made some amazing cards.

We are also joined by Kay Wallace as our guest designer and you can visit her here. Please pop over to leave her a little comment.

Here are my 3 DT cards for this week.



This card is entered into Creative Card Crew - Clean and Simple

It was made using a Waltzing Mouse (who are sadly about to close) polka dot border stamp inked up in Wild Plum Adirondack. 

It was then cut out using the Sue Wilson classic bow die. 

The faux black ribbon was coloured in using a black distress marker. 

The words are from another Waltzing Mouse set called Say It Loud.


Entering this second card into Through the Purple Haze - Flowers

This card uses the same Waltzing Mouse polka dot border stamp inked up in Stream Adirondak ink.

 The daisy stamp is a Stamps by Chloe one and that has been inked in Sunshine Yellow Adirondak ink. It was shaded in 014 and 016 Spectrum Noir pencils although that is not showing up too well in the photo. 

The centre was glamour dusted in crystal and glossy accents applied over the top. 

The sentiment stamp is a Design Objectives PMA 10096 stamp. 


Finally I have a fluffy polka dot mask.

I'm entering this one into 4  Crafty Chicks - Less is More


A Penny Black Polka Dots background stamp was inked up in Sailboat Blue Adirondak. 

It was cut out using the spellbinders Venetian Accents mask die. 

Glamour dust was added over the top around the eyes for a little extra sparkle and a feather added behind it for a little interactive 'fluff'. 

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. 
The mask holder is actually the balloon string from the Bird Crazy Things dies.




Well, I was a little bit busy travelling last week but I think I caught up with all my comments. This coming week will not be so busy so it will be easier to visit you all.

Thanks for looking and please leave me a little comment so that I know you have visited and I'll come over to visit you too.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

26 comments:

  1. i had to zoom in to see your polka dots very well incorporated, also love the cars with the ribbon and bow, well all are gorgeous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Sharon. Hope you are well. It's madness and mayhem at our place... well, it's the holidays! LOL. Have a Blessed Easter!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many clever CAS and perfectly dotty creations Sharon. Love your mask in particular, such a unique take and sort fun. Happy travels and happy Easter too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous - you have done really well getting a post together on your ipad - I wouldn't know where to start! Love the polka dot bow and the happy yellow flower against the aqua polka dots is really fresh. Your last card is very glamorous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three truly inspirational cards. I love the "fluff" it made me smile the way you described it! Have a great weekend, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh such lovely cards! Love the simplicity yet loads of thought and details. V talented x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three totally different interpretations of the Less is More "polka dot" theme, Sharon, each unique and perfect for the challenge! I have to vote for the first as my favorite simple because I always struggle so with bows (a bow die? who knew?)! Thanks for your visit to my blog and for your kind words, Sharon! Both are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for the "shout-out" here, Sharon! I have received lots of visitors to my blog!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous cards all of them Sharon, well done again ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous cards, that polka dot border stamp is a great one to have in your collection. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really creative - love the colours (that purple... <3 ) and your use of polka dots on the Venetian mask is fantastic - as is the fluff! Love it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you card with the feather embellishment...just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty CAS CARD. Thank you for entering in our current challenge at TTPH
    Lisa ( DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah I love your Polka Dot creations !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah I love your Polka Dot creations !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab cards Sharon - love that polka dot mask.
    Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Your polka dot mask with the feather looks amazing! Love the CAS Layout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous selection, Sharon. Loving the plum colour with the dotty bow, looks great with the textured base. And your sunny bloom looks gorgeous against the teal x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Card Crew!
    Good luck,
    Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful mask card! Love the feathers. Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week! Nance, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really pretty cards Sharon!!! Simple yet effective 😊

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really behind in commenting this week Sharon, to the extent that I'm having to cope with all those infuriating verification images! Quite tricky when the site is in a different language!
    Your work is as wonderful as ever, that little mask is totally captivating!
    Hope to see you before you go back to Portugal if you have the time!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful polka examples, the mask is gorgeous too :D x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Sharon - the mask is absolutely fabulous, a stunning LIM creation! Go polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such beautiful cards again Sharon, love your amazing dotty creations and the super mask one of course too ☺ Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such beautiful cards again Sharon, love your amazing dotty creations and the super mask one of course too ☺ Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.