19 Mar 2016

Less is More Challenge 268 - What's outside your window?

Hello there.
It's Saturday again and that means it is time for the next Less is More Challenge.
 
The theme today is "what's outside your window". 
Well, if you wondered what is outside the windows of the LIM DT, now is your chance to have a sneak peek!
Please return the favour and join us in the challenge this week so that we can all have a little peek at what you are looking at outside your windows too.
 
Lou from A Devon Kitchen Table is our guest designer this week. Do hop over to her blog to see the fabulous card that she made for our challenge.
 
Right, onto what I can see.







First up is SUNSHINE....

....well for most of the year we do have lots of sunshine in the Algarve, although yesterday it was cloudy and raining. Ha ha! Think it is going to be raining again today so this card isn't currently accurate.  But it is nice to be able to send a little sunshine your way.

 Adding this to Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes







Distress inks in squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, wild honey and rusty hinge were sponged through a Clarity Stamps sun ray mask. A little crystal glamour dust was added to the sun part and that was encased in glossy accents.

The sentiment on the banner is another Clarity Stamp stamp which was added to freehand cut banners. This was raised up on 3d pads.



Next up is my homage to the AZURE WINGED MAGPIE birds that visit my garden. There are about 30 of them that congregate in the trees and around the bird bath in the summer.  This is what they actually look like.



And here is my card.

This one uses one of the bird crazy stamps which was inked up in memento ink and die cut out, then inked up again in versamark and heat embossed with Heat it up Aquamarine embossing powder so that I could cut out the tail and wing.  The bird was coloured with promarkers in Satin, Pastel Beige and Khaki for the body and cool grey 1, 3 and 5 for the head, black for the beak. I added glossy accents to the eyes and beak.

The sentiment was computer generated onto the base card. The bird was raised on 3d foam pads and a fluffy feather added to the tail.

Adding this to Creative Fingers challenge - anything goes

Moving along with the times - In the Garden


Finally I have captured one of the amazing HIBISCUS that I have growing in my garden. We have many different colours of hibiscus but I particularly like this pale pink one.




For this card I used a digital image from the wax fruit company called hibiscus.
 
It was coloured with a combination of distress inks, distress markers and watercolour pencils. Covered in glossy accents and the Die Sire die was adhered directly onto the card stock

Entering this one into:
Stamplorations CAS challenge (your required picture is at the bottom of the post) - Anything goes with an optional twist of yellow (tiny bit on the stamen)

Craft Rocket Challenges - Anything goes

In the pink - Spring flowers in pink - these are out in my garden at the moment!
 
 
 To be honest, I think I prefer the version of the flower as it was before I applied the glossy accents - here is a photo of that.













These are all the items I used in making this card. It is easier to show the photo than list them all.


 And there you have it...3 things that I can see from my craft room window.

Thanks so much for looking and please leave me a little comment to let me know you have been and I will come to visit you too.

Hugs,
Sharon xx
 
CARD 1 
 
http://simplypapercraftsforalloccassions.blogspot.pt/
 
 
CARD 2
 
http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.pt/
 
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.pt/
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
CARD 3

http://craftrocketchallenges.blogspot.pt/
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.pt/


 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-I5hG5rD2QAc/VnD9FdNiK5I/AAAAAAAAGjY/qckC0HzESmM/s1600/cas-003-march2016.png
 

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of cards Sharon, yo have got some nice view out of your window, my end is all dense fog, and wet weather, so will have to use my imagination for the LIM one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful card Sharon! Sorry to hear the Algarve sunshine has temporarily deserted you - hope it returns soon. That Clarity sunshine stencil is gorgeous isn't it? I haven't seen it before but now I keep going back to look at it. I think you may have been an "enabler" here! The bird card made me laugh out loud - what a fab, creative way to make an interactive but CAS card. And the flower is lovely. I actually prefer it with the glossy accents as it catches the light so beautifully which looks very spring-like. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have lots of sunshine to enjoy and that hibiscus looks fabulous! Your crazy bird with the feather is so fun too. A great range of beautiful cards for this week's theme, Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how cute is that feather end on the bird, so clever. sadly today no sunshine for me :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post indeed Sharon, love the LIM card the sponging is great through those rays, mm she thinks you could make a mask like that. My problem is not ideas but getting around to them.
    Love your tag below too that really is something special the clouds are superb indeed. Maybe need to do something like that I think wiht my new Darkroom Door sea stamp as have some cheesecloth. Think it will look great in those colours added to it.
    Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Sharon....
    Stunning ... Hugs Sylviex

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look stunning Sharon, thank for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx
    And Craft Rocket too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon what stunning cards each one a beauty. Your colouring is perfection and I love the little details on each card that make them so special and beautifully CAS.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful and fun cards to choose from. Great inspriation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon - thanks for your visit! Have to add that retirement is wonderful - so much time to pursue things that we love to do, rather than have to do! Your window outlook is so uplifting - love the sunshine card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I envy you the sunshine outside your window Sharon, and your flower card is beautiful too... I tend to agree about the glossy accents, I thought that looked awesome, but I think the original colouring is even prettier!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three cards are fabulous! I think the Hibiscus with the coat of the Glossy Accents looks pretty! It gives some dimension and shine to the flower! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three super cards. I love the reasoning behind them all. I particularly like the bird card, so much more colourful than the magpies we get over here. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous selection of CAS cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous collection of CAS cards, Sharon ... wonderful inspiration from your window! Gorgeous shimmer of the glamour dust on the sun ... fun and feathery crazy bird ... and such a pretty, delicately shaded hibiscus! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely CAS cards! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun challenge to get inspired by what's outside your window! Your cards are gorgeous, I love the beautiful hibiscus, both the photo and your beautiful crafty recreation. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a trio of loveliness Sharon but I'm afraid we seem to have nicked your sunshine in the last few days over here in the UK! LOL! Loving your crazy bird with the tail feather - super cute and your hibiscus is CAS-perfect and just beautiful. Have a great week and hope your sunshine comes back ... or do I!!! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful collection of cards and great colouring. Really nice to see the varied flowers and birds that you have in your garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great selection of cards, I love them all, but the flower card is my favourite. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That a trio of fantastic cards, and your craft room does seem to have some magnificant views.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards Sharon - I love the gloss on the hibiscus! I would love to have one of these growing in my garden, they remind me of the Caribbean and warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All Gorgeous CAS style cards. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of these cards are gorgeous, love the feather for the birds tail. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards Sharon - thank you for joining us at In The Pink with your beautiful and stylish CAS design.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.