13 Mar 2016

Playing with glass beads

Hello. How is your weekend going?
 
I've been busy in my craft room this weekend.  Well, where else would anyone want to be? 
 
When looking through my stash for some inspiration I came across some teeny tiny glass beads that I bought ages ago and thought I'd blow the dust off them and give them an outing, so to speak.

After I'd finished coughing and sneezing these are what I came up with:
 
 
For the mainly green card with the wreath I'm entering that into:
 
the 52 Christmas Card Countdown challenge. where the March colour challenge is Green and White
 
I've also used the sketch over at CAS Colours and Sketches and this is my second entry there.
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.pt/
 
For the mainly white card with the tree I'm entering this into  Simply Create Too challenge which is Use Green Only
 
Can't believe how far I'm getting ahead with the old Christmas cards this year! These two cards bring the count to 16. Hopefully I'll have enough ready to post to the UK in plenty of time for Christmas.
 
Ok - time for the close-up shots and details.
Don't you just love the texture and sparkle of those glassy beads?
 
 
 
 Items used on the mainly green card:
Penny Black Adornment wooden stamp
Woodware Traditional Greetings sentiment stamp
Versamark with Personal Impressions Opaque White embossing powder
Detail glue and micro glass beads
 
 
Items used on the mainly white card:
Penny Black Majestic wooden stamp
Woodware Traditional Greetings sentiment stamp
Adirondak ink - Bottle
Detail glue and micro glass beads
 
Well, I'm off to try to sweep up all the little beads that got away and are currently on my floor and work surface - pesky things.
 
Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again tomorrow.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

12 comments:

  1. Sharon - I do indeed love the sparkle and texture of those beads. What a great wreath. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches for a second time this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I really love how the beads bring more dimension to wreath! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant cards, what a great use of those beads, just stunning. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning. That wreath is just ... WOW! It's sort of sunny here today, but not warm. Hope it's all sunshine and blue skies for you.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like real precision crafting. Beautiful results so well worth it. Thanks for joining in at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards! I love both of them :)
    Thanks for joining us at 52CCT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that beaded wreath is amazing! Thanks for sharing your card at CC&S and 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, love the frondy wreath, it's gorgeous, like frost. Thanks for joining in at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card. Thank you so much for joining us in our Green and White color challenge at 52 CCT
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.