2 Mar 2016

Well Done, Fabulous Day

....and WOYWW!


Hello my lovelies!
 
Thank you for popping in.
 
I've been absent for a couple of days because I've enjoying myself going out with friends, completing a couple of commissions and also trying to get ahead on some DT items. 
 
Love it when I'm busy; the time just whizzes by.
 ...what???is it 2016 already!? ;-)
 
I had a few moments to play today and I got completely caught up in another set of bold colours.  
 
Honestly, bright colours are to me what shiny bling is to a magpie.
 
 I get those sticky eyes (No! not the yucky ones!...I mean the ones where you can't stop looking at something) and just couldn't move on to anything else until I'd played with these colours.
 
 So I made a couple of cards.
 
For this first one I smooshed, splattered, die cut and stamped.
 
Items Used:
Distress Inks: Black Soot (may have used a bit too much of that!), Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar
Teal organza ribbon
Memory Box Amira Flourish die
 Papertrey Ink Sentiment
Bling (that I've had for years and years and years)  
 
This second one just uses die cuts, pearls and a bit of doodling.
 
 
Items used:
Tattered Lace cat die
Tattered Lace sentiment
Opaque White Inkessentials pen
Pearls
 
So I'm entering these into the Colour Throwdown challenge.
 
These are the colours, aren't they yummy?!
 
 
 
Now, as it's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #352, and I have NEVER joined in with this one before
(because it's always Thursday when I remember about it!!!) 
here is a view of my workdesk before I put these two cards together.
 
 
 
Ha ha! It's full of die cuts I didn't end up using!....
 
....and here is the view now.
 
 
Ahhhh! that's better, all tidy and clean so that I can play tomorrow!
 
Believe me.....I'm not always this tidy, it's just that my craft room is relatively new, so I'm proud of it.
 (Plus I can't always remember where I stored things. Imagine how difficult it gets tracking something down in a newly organised (? obviously that is not the right word!) room if the room actually looks like a bomb has hit it!)
 
After all that activity I'd best go and lie down!
 
Thank you so much for coming to see me. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

19 comments:

  1. the contrast between the pretty elegance of the die with the splatters on the first card is so cool. and its amazing how much counter space you have in the "after" shot :) thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #53

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're very good clearing away before bedtime. Lovely cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome for your first time at WOYWW...I enjoy posting and visiting with the ladies and gents here. I have learned a lot. Love your cards. I do that from time to time and get fixated on something. Hope you have a great week! Post on Thursday if you forget on Wednesday...Vickie #58

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards. The first one is great with the splatter effect but I also love the cat on the 2nd card. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. I know what you mean about the excess die cuts! I'm so so impressed at you tidying up afterwards, I've always said my sister got my share of the tidy genes. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to WOYWW Sharon! We have something in common from the get go- I too am attracted to vivid and bright colours...JOY! So, of course, I love the cards, almost as I love the landing strip sized work desk you seem to have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to WOYWW Sharon - from another Sharon!

    Love the cards. The cat one is beautiful! Your desk was lovely and clean when you were finished. Wish I could say the same for mine lol

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background of the first card and the cat is so cute in the second. Have a good day.
    Diane WOYWW #31

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great that this is your first WOYWW visit. I am back after a long break, and it is a great community. Thanks for sharing your great workspace, and fabulous cards, Judith xx#32

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your smooshed card lol, gorgeous colours. Thanks for stopping by earlier. Dawn #43

    ReplyDelete
  11. First and foremost - WELCOME! I hope you'll join us every week. We have so much fun. Great takes on the challenge with totally different approaches. I have a new space as well and I can't even begin to get a clear surface.. but I'm trying LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog! Creative Blessings. Kelly #49

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that sooty color in with the other colors. Such a fun card. That cat card made me smile as well. WOW! Your desk sure is tidy. Are you sure you are all moved in to your new craft room? Welcome to WOYWW and thanks for the visit earlier. We'll keep an eye on my desk and see if *I* ever get all moved in (I haven't even gotten all moved out yet). PJ #47

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so jealous! Your desk is so clean and tidy. I need to go clean mine up! LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    April #41

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cat card, its wonderful that die is so cute and the colors are wonderful. I like a tidy desk too and always clean up in between projects! Thanks for the visit! Angie #48

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did you do that? My desk is always covered with stuff! SO neat and tidy...I have desk envy now! Love the cards with all their beautiful colors. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Vickie #58

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how your colors pop off that black background! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your splattering... very inspiring! I think I will splatter some ink myself this afternoon, ha! Thanks for your visit to my blog last week... it's already a new week and I'm laaate with my visits... enjoy your week and see you next Wednesday! Love from the Netherlands, Marit #57

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sharon,
    Your desk looks VERY neat and clean. Love the cards you made.
    Thanks for visiting me. I'm finally getting around and it will be Wednesday before I know it!

    Kay (45)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun cards! I especially love your doodling! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.