9 Mar 2016

WOYWW #353

Well, after the fiasco of trying to join WOYWW last week let's hope I do better this week.
 
At least I've got it in the title, even if I am late joining the party.
 
It's been one of those mornings where the phone hasn't stopped and people have dropped in so I have only just finished writing this post!
 
I am enjoining Julia's What's on your Workdesk Wednesday. You should have a look at all the crafty goings on in other people's rooms at The Stamping Ground blog. Really interesting!
 
Well, here's my messy desk today.  Still can't quite get that 'in full craft mode mess' going on, can I?

 
On the worktop today we have:
  • the obligatory cup of tea. Can't be without it!
  • a piece of coral coloured faux marble that I made yesterday....just waiting for the inspiration to hit me as to what to do with it
  • some of my Spectrum Noir pencils,
  • Post-it notes (been using those a lot lately),
  • the card I am about to post in this post,
  • one of the versions of the same card that didn't make it (not good colours on that one)
  • some crafty supplies like scissors, glues etc
  • and a couple of things that the courier dropped off this week - My craft stamper mag, distress crayons, quickie glue pens....

Actually I know that I'm very, very lucky really as I have oodles of space to use in this new room.
 
Here's a shot of one of the other corners.
Oh look....you can just about see that lemon tree that inspired my Less is More DT card last Saturday through the window.


In that corner we have:
  • Distress Ink and Distress marker colour charts on the wall
  • guillotine
  • hougie board
  • promarkers and Distress Marker pens
  • Craft Caddy
  • Glossy Accents, Glue and Glamour dust
  • And a bit of my printer.
I suppose if you put all that on the one counter, then it would look as messy as most desks.
 
Okay, so here it the card that I had on my desk:


 I'll enter this into a couple of challenges:
AAA Cards - Embossing

I made this by blending Distress inks (Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon) onto the base card stock. I dripped some water on and dabbed that with a paper towel. Then I added a fine sprinkle of white embossing powder all over the card to (hopefully) make it look like tiny stars in the universe. Then I inked the Creative Expressions Hope and Love stamp and the Clarity Stamp star in versamark, and heat embossed them with white powder.
 
Maybe I should try to get a shot of the whole room next week....and perhaps show what's in a couple of the cupboards if you are interested? Hmmm...if I do that I could probably join in for 3 or 4 months with something different each week.
 

Before I go

I need to welcome 4 new followers. Thank you so much to Karen Hasheck, Julie0726, Shaz In Oz Calligraphy Cards, and Darnell J Knauss
 

Also

Thank you to the Chocolate Baroque Challenge who have showcased one of my cards this morning
and
Thank you to the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown who have given me an honourable mention today
 
 
I have to nip out now, but I'll be back later to look at what you all have on your desks today. If you leave me your number in a comment I'll pop round to you first.
 
Thank you so much for your visit today.
Hope to see you soon
Sharon xx


33 comments:

  1. Loving all the space in your craft room. The card you have made is just gorgeous. Congratulations on all your success too. Have a great day, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great space you have and not messy at all!! and look at all those markers, wow. Happy WOYWW from Vicky#8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's NOT a messy desk Sharon! You are going to have to work at being messy!!! I think Anita and I should show you a few tricks with our messy pics!!!! LOL! Anyway I'm thrilled to see you entered this stunning embossed card over at AAA Cards and look at you getting all organised for Christmas in March. Lovely room BTW and a gorgeous sunny aspect! Hmmmm! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful! I love your gorgeous background -- it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is beautiful, Sharon. Well done on the honourable mention! By the way, what mess?? There's nothing on the windowsill yet....
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome space. Love all your markers and pens.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #38

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is looking so nice and with so much space. I just moved into my craft room, no room to even breathe right now. Great card! PJ #60

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, from another Shaz. Welcome to the funhouse!A slight mess,but with practice, you'll get there, lol. Lovely card, by the way. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice crafty space. You've got a lovely window to look out of.
    I want the Craft Stamper magazine lol. It doesn't come here until later so we're always behind and I have to hope the Barnes and Nobles has it.
    The cards look wonderful.

    Have a great week
    from another Sharon (K) #48

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello and welcome. Love the card and your workspace - very neat and organised. Anne x #32

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon, very neat desk almost looks like a desk in waiting. Very nice card too. So all that is left is to wish you a happy woyww, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice desk, kitchen and card and .. deeply envious that you had enough sun to cast a shadow!

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #14

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a very tidy desk space. I love that blue card. Although it is strange to see a Christmas card at this time of year.
    Sorry I´m late. I had my new computer today and I have been fiddling about with that but now I have everything going. (I am typing this on my new keyboard, which is Spanish, so I am constantly looking for things that are in a different place). I still have to sort out the printer and some speakers, but the system works!
    Have a great week and thanks for visiting me earlier.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah wonderful card, Sharon - love the blending and colours plus such a beautiful verse.
    ...and really enjoyed the tour around your crafty space.. well done on your lemon tree to, do love mine as well!
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x # 7

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh a peak in your cupboards would be nice :) and that is a lovely card you've made and lookie at all those markers so pretty. I like your tidy space hugs Nikki 3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your desk looks awesome, and the card is great with all the dark background, and just the sentiment shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the view out of the window, On of the sweetest smells in the lemon flower. I saw them in Italy on a visit there,

    Love the card so pretty

    Lilian B

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sharon, What a nice outlook you have from your desk. The card is lovely. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #39

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is beautiful - I love the deep blues of the background, very rich. Congratulations on the honourable mention and on one of your cards being showcased. Thanks so much for stopping by mine earlier,
    Happy WOYWW (sorry I'm running late!)
    Diana #27

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a lemon tree in your garden? Oh, I'm so envious..what a beautiful view you have. And don't worry about your non messy desk, I can't work in clutter either, it drives me mad! I've discovered that my OCD is really kicking in, the older I get, lol!!
    Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love you beautiful card and what a great workspace!! Blessings! Felicia #63

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card; love the background. Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nicely organized crafty space. LOVE the Window, one thing I wish I had in my space. Lovely card. Thanks for visiting my blog. Enjoy a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sharon, that work desk really isn't messy, wish I could keep my desk as tidy as that. Loved the Christmas card, but either you are rather late or very early for Christmas.
    Thanks for your nice comments on my cards.
    Chris #35

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Christmas card!
    And thanks for your visit on my blog too.
    I wish you a nice weekend!
    Sussie, nr 44 WOYWW, sorry for being late...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely working space! Love your card.
    Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the daylight you've got going on in your space - really positive and that stack of pens - ooh so very envious!

    Thank you for visiting my desk earlier in the week, sorry I'm late!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's quite a tidy space actually. It'd be fab to see the rest of your room.

    I love the card you made. Simple but effective.

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Morti @ 16

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely busy creative space! I have to stay organized and clean up in between projects otherwise I end up with a 1" space in which to work lol! Thanks for the visit! Angie #54

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your desk looks like it belong to an artist. Even the so -called clutter looks organised. You'll be lucky if you can open the door to my craft room! Thank you so much for the tour. Who doesn't like a good snoop, eh?! :)
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love how you have made your C Card, using my favourite inks too. I have been sorting mine out for the past week or so but they are all over the place now as I have the flu.
    Thanks for visiting me earlier - apologies for being so late.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous night scene, love how you created it. Thanks for sharing at OLCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I see a stack in the top right corner of the first picture, so there is hope for 'messy'. ;-) Pretty wintery scene. At this point, on a card is the only place I want to see one. So ready for spring. Creative Blessings! (Late) Kelly #61

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.