2 Apr 2016

Less is More 270 - White space but not white

Good Morning everyone. I have a few DT cards to share with you today....so no waffle at all.

Saturday has come around again and this week for our Less is More challenge we want to see
White Space....but Not WHITE!

There is so much inspiration on the challenge blog so do hop over and visit the blogs of the design team for even more inspiration.
Our guest designer this week is Liz Cavell and her beautiful card can be seen here.


OK - Card 1.

This simply uses a Marianne Creatables die (Number LR0150) cut into a pale green mat.

The words are Tattered Lace (TTLD221) dies cut out in the darker green and adhered to the pale green mat.

The mat was raised onto 3d foam pads and attached to the card base.




This card is a variation on the same theme. The die cut this time is a Tattered Lace Tree of Wonder die. The words are from the same set as used in the card above.




Card 3. A cream cardstock was used as the base.  Memory Box Prim Poppies and Dancing Tulips dies have been cut out in a shiny patterned cream card and attached to a small panel of craft card embossed with Craft Concepts Diamond Shadow embossing folder. The sentiment is from DieSire.  

Card 4. I saw something like this on Pinterest and filed it away for the right time to use it. I can't remember who was the person to give credit to for this design but when I return home in a few days time I will search it out and add a link.  I also apologise for not noting the stamp set name that I used for this before I left home.

Card 5. I made this one to show that I could actually do a card with non-white white space that wasn't a monochrome! The square was created using Tumbled Glass distress ink as a base, and overstamped in Peacock Feathers Distress Ink using stamps from My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus set.  The butterfly and sentiment come from Penny Black Illuminations Transparent stamp set. The butterfly uses a combination of distress ink markers,




Finally my last card.  The base card is ClarityStamps black coated card stock. The beautiful corner flourish is from a Chocolate Baroque Lace fragments stamp set, inked up in Versamark and heat embossed in detail gold embossing powder. The sentiment is made up of words from the Waltzing Mouse Say it Loud stamp set.
Goodness! I had no idea that this theme would get me all fired up. I do hope you liked my cards.

Please leave me a comment to let me know your personal favourite and I'll pop over to see you as well.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

24 comments:

  1. A beautiful selection of cards - great examples of including white space which is not white! It's hard to pick a favourite, but I think I would have to choose the second one. I love how you've used the tree die - so effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, such stunning cards. I love them all, but I think the tree is my favourite. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how busy have you been?! So productive! The cards are all fantastic and very inspiring as to what can be done with non-white space. I do love the die you've used in the first one. It's sooooo gorgeous! The sympathy card uses neutrals to achieve a really lovely effect. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - such stunning cards - and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, so many inspirations Sharon, all are beautiful, but the tree one is my favorite here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! These are amazing Sharon... and so many too, what a hard job it would be to try to choose a fave... but I must say that the purple one is really innovative!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, those cards are really brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon, those cards are really brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab range of cards, Sharon! Love the negative die cuts - they look so beautifully crisp. Lots of inspiration for us to enjoy this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great examples of CAS cards. Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Sharon you have been an ultra busy bee and what a fantastic collection. Simply awesome and unique. You certainly have an enviable stash of intricate dies which work brilliantly as negatives! You are one super talented lady. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have been one very busy cardmaker! Love how beautifully put together these cards are! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have been one very busy cardmaker! Love how beautifully put together these cards are! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All beautiful but I really love your black and gold card!
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you've been busy, a great selection of cards. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh myy!!!!! what a set of inspiration for all who wonder how to translate the challenge... Coming up with one design is in itself challenges, trust you to come up with so many. Great work Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crikey Sharon you were on a roll with this one!
    What a fab set of inspiration, those two die cuts cards are my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, awesome cards Sharon! I am partial to a negative die cut though so am off to hunt out that fab tree!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic cards each and every one ! The simplicity and beauty of each card is breathtaking. I I adore the cardstock on the last card so lush.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic cards each and every one ! The simplicity and beauty of each card is breathtaking. I I adore the cardstock on the last card so lush.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what a great selection.....fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are a fabulous source of inspiration for the great Less Is More challenges, Sharon! I love that challenge, too, and wish I were this productive with all their awesome themes! These are all, each and every one, excellent! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh me oh my! What a fabulous collection of cards. I don't know where to start... but if I were forced to pick a fave it would have to be the last. There's something utterly classy about gold on black... and an understated hint of provocative opulence. Yep... it's all very strangely burlesque up in my head right now! :) Glad to see you back, Sharon!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.