23 Apr 2016

Less Is More 273 - Beware of the Dragons

Hello to you.
 
Beware, beware because here be dragons!
 
It is St George's day today and over at the Less is More challenge we have the perfect theme for you. This week we'd like to see
Saints & Dragons or Heroes
 
I've definitely gone with a theme of dragons for my DT cards! One for Harry Potter fans, one oriental themed, one masculine themed and one cute one too.
 


First for the oriental one which was amazingly quick to make.

The image from the Tanda Stamps 'Dragon and Fantasy Set 1' was stamped in archival black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I cut around the image and added it to a layered panel.
Simples!

Entering this into:
 Fab 'n' Funky challenge - Winged things
Cards und More challenge - Fantasy





Next I have my Saint George and the dragon image. This image is perfect for masculine cards and I use it a lot.

The Tanda Stamps image from the 'Medieval Knight Set 1' was inked up and coloured with watercolour pencils.

I added a wink of stella to St George's armour then inked the panel up in clear versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder a couple of times to create a tile.

This was added to a couple of paper layers, and the sentiment was computer generated.

Entering this into:
Inky Impressions challenge - All about the boys
Get Creative Challenge - Gothic of Medieval





Now here is my cutie-pie image.

The Lisa Victoria 'Bubbles' stamp was inked in cobalt blue archival ink and coloured with water colour pencils which I went over with a water brush. 

Glossy accents were added to the bubbles.

A wink of stella was added to the dragon.

The sentiment is from hobbycraft.

Entering this into DoubleClickSkittles Challenge - Welcome Baby


Finally the Harry Potter themed card.  The quote
'Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus'
 comes from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone (or Sorcerer's stone depending on which country the book was published in). 
That means...Never tickle a sleeping dragon. Pretty apt for this little image from Funstamps called sleeping dragon. 

It was simply coloured in Promarkers in Apple, Grass, Emerald, Lush Green, Cool Grey 1. 3 & 5. The image was raised on 3d pads and the sentiment was handwritten because my printer conked out (bet you never would have guessed!


Well my fellow teamies have created some amazing inspiration for this one so do hop over to our challenge blog and take a peek. You never know, if you visit their personal blogs you may find even more samples to ogle over.
 
I can't wait to see what you all create this week.
Thanks for visiting and please leave me a comment to let me know you have been.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

16 comments:

  1. Wow! I do love a dragon...or four! Fabulous selection of cards Sharon! Thank you for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply FABulous Sharon. Each one is so outstanding. Yet more awesome stash you have. Gorgeous colouring and striking layouts. Can't pick a favourite ... or perhaps the Harry Potter one - only as I'm a bit of a Potter addict!!!! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intricate stamp! Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks to me like you have a dragon for every occasion, Sharon! I love the fun images and that St George's stamp is just perfect for our challenge this week. It has loads of impact in the black and red. Thanks for inspiring us all this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sharon. This week's challenge certainly didn't stump you did it! You've got dragons galore! All such different and great cards too. I do love the bubbles one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so busy! I really love the range of styles here - so much variety. Your layout and/or colouring are spot on with every single card and these are great inspiration for the challenge. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a variety of cards and not a duff one amongst them! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute image of the dragon on a cloud! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your cards and what cute dragons the last two are. Really well coloured too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Sharon, you have a lot of beautiful Dragon stamps, how wonderful, I seriously need to go look into getting some to add to my stash of 1!!! I love all of this fabulous cards, specially the two last ones, they are so adorable, the little guy blowing bubbles just makes me smile.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards with a super images, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky, good luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your dragons! Thank you for joining our „Fantasy“ challenge over at the Cards and more challenge ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crikey what an amazing bunch of cards Sharon these are completely fab!
    Love the dragon on his cloud!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crikey what an amazing bunch of cards Sharon these are completely fab!
    Love the dragon on his cloud!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love the St. George card. History is one of my many passions as well as old woodblock prints from the very oldest all the way through William Morris to today. Old books, illumination, calligraphy... Anyway your coloring is fantastic and really--the image is just amazing. I almost always go for naturalist/realist/historical style before "cute". I don't mind saying that your card is my absolute favorite from the LIM challenge this week. Thank you! --Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving them all Sharon, esp. that last card...ingenious ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.