Instagram

30 Apr 2016

Less is More 274 - Lucky Dip!

A very good morning to you!
 
Wowzers! This last week has passed by in a flash hasn't it? 
Can you believe that it will be May tomorrow? 
 
As it is Saturday, it is time for our latest Less is More challenge which this week is lucky dip week.... and the lucky dip is:
Use designer paper in a CAS way.
 
I know this will shock you all, but when we made the move from the UK to Portugal I had to ditch hundreds of packs of designer papers (yes, I did cry!....a lot!) as there was no room for them in the items we were shipping over.
 
Then when I arrived here I found that you just can't seem to buy any designer paper over here!  YIKES!!!!
So after a brief panic when we were given today's theme, I remembered that I did squirrel away a 3 packs of 6 x 6 papers, thank goodness.
They may be very, very old packs, but I hope what I have done with them will inspire you to do something similar with your newer packs!
 
Today's we have a guest designer.....the fabulous Esther from The Carnelian Wood blog. You probably all know her because she is a fantastic commenter on our challenge. I hope you will all visit her to leave her a comment on the fantastic card she made as our GDT.
 
Okay.....best get to my cards.







This first one uses Basic Grey Euphoria pack where I simply cut 3 banners (I do use this design layout a lot!) and attached them with 3d foam pads. The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps birthday sentiments set. and 3 sequins were used as a finishing touch.













Next up is a thank you card. The paper is from Basic Grey Granola pad. A plain panel was cut and raised on 3d pads after attaching a ribbion with hand made bow around it. The sentiment is Marianne Creatables #LR0224.











Finally, a really delicate paper from Basic Grey Euphoria has been placed behind a die cut panel that was raised on 3d foam pads. The die is Wild Rose Studio Woodland Posy. The sentiment is Whimsy Stamps birthday sentiments. The finishing touch is pearls added to the centre of the flowers.










 
This photo shows the designer paper a little better.



Thank you for stopping by. Please hop over to our challenge to see what the rest of my teamies have made (some amazing inspiration over there!)
 
Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have popped in and I will come over to see you soon.
Hugs,
Sharon xx








20 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a shame you had to part with your stash of paper! However, a wonderful showcase of how designer paper can be used, I love how you filled the negative space of that die cut with the delicate paper. So pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so gorgeous Sharon! I love the vibrant colour of the first one which is so pretty and cheerful, and the second card is really stylish. I think that design would be fabulous as wedding stationery too! Card 3 is possibly my favourite though with the hint of lovely paper showing through the sophisticated die cut - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all wonderful Sharon and at this moment in chilly Staffordshire for a wedding this weekend, I'm really envious of the sunshine you have there!
    Beautiful work
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the third one the best, the wild rose die is to die for and the colored paper is beautiful, i like the simple banner one too and the one with the bow is just so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would ditch patterned paper for sunshine any day :) Love these designs. The thank you card is so elegant and the pastel paper looks like watercolour behind your die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sharon! All the cards are eye candies. I love the second one, and even more the peeking blue sky, April has been a rainy month for us, so miss seeing the blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and beautiful CAS creations Sharon and how sad having to ditch the papers. I've got loads but hardly ever use it other than my favourites. Love them all but that bold pink one catches my eye as I love vibrant colours. All totally CAS and elegant though and great to see your sunny backdrop to the cards. So lucky ... we've had snow this week!!!! Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just way beyond awesome.... Very elegant design...
    Love
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all. You must have cried at having to get rid of so much stuff. Hope the lifestyle over there has made it worthwhile though. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous and inspiring trio of cards. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty and elegant cards. Glad you found your stash of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon these are all gorgeous - I do love those cheery banners!
    When I downsized a year ago I gave away a lot of DP and continue to do so, to be honest I hoard it more than I use it. If you ever want anything sending out, let me know x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great cards. The thank you card is so elegant and would make a lovely invitation and the woodland posy card is so fresh and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What classy and elegant cards. Glad you saved some paper...must have been awful throwing lots away x I think we are all guilty of hoarding DP just can't seem to cut it up! Gorgeous cards today, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, your cards are stunning. It looks so simple but CAS is not always simple to made. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous collection of cards Sharon - love the CAS designs.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning cards, love them all but my fave is the thanks you card...so stylish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow so many beautiful cards here Sharon,all great too! Aww fancy having to leave all your papers behind.....l would have cried too 🙂 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow so many beautiful cards here Sharon,all great too! Aww fancy having to leave all your papers behind.....l would have cried too 🙂 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.