24 Apr 2016

Spring Flowers Framed Picture

Good morning everyone.
 
I'm back today with a little item that I made just for the fun of it.
 
 This is the very first framed picture that I have made and I'm pretty pleased with it.
 

I made this for a couple of challenges:
Country View Crafts - April challenge of SPRING
Craft Stamper Magazine - April challenge SPRING FLOWERS
 
Here is a brief step-by step.



First, stencil through the Imaginations Crafts leaf swirl stencil using Sweet Poppy dimensions paste in pearlescent. Let it dry completely.








Blend a background using Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage distress ink.








Darken the blended background through the Prima mask. (I can't find the name of the mask but the item number is 554620).




Take 3 stamps from the Clarity Stamps Journaling clear stamp set (text, leafy frond and the swallow). Ink the text   in bundled sage distress ink and stamp into place. Ink the leafy frond in the same ink and stamp several times.
The swallow was inked in jet black archival ink and coloured with distress markers.



 Wild Rose Studio dies in woodland posy and winter bouquet were die cut and coloured with distress pens and a pearlmaker pen used to make the flower centres (then left to dry)













Finally, the picture was assembled with the flowers overlapping the mount and inserted into the frame.

Here's a photo of the items used.
 
So, this type of thing is a change for me on this new blog but it is always good to show a bit of variety, isn't it? For the first ever framed picture that I have made it's not too shabby an effort, is it?
 
 
Let me know what you think.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

6 comments:

  1. That is amazing. If it had been your 500th one I would have said that, but your first? Wow! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning design Sharon.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful spring picture!!! You created a wonderful background and composition with your chosen pastel colours!!! Thank you for joining the April Challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a lovely leafy stencil.. Love how it added great dimensions to your project... Love it
    Love
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love it Sharon, I would have framed it too!So very pretty, yes nice to see different things on blogs I agree!Thanks for the good wishes too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.