Instagram

28 May 2016

Less is More 278 - Time for a Sketch

Good morning. Thanks for popping by. 
 
It's Saturday again and that means it is time to introduce the new Less is More challenge and this week we have a sketch for you to follow.

As usual my teamies have worked their magic and there is some fabulous inspiration on the challenge blog - and maybe even more on their personal blogs, so do hop over for a peek.
 
Here is the sketch


I had fun with this sketch, even though a few of my ideas really didn't work out. I still have 3 samples for you.

First is a sunny yellow card. Yellow always makes me feel happy.

I cut a piece of linen card using Sizzix Lables Twenty.  I dusted a little squeezed lemonade around the edges of the die cut whilst it was still in the die.

The image is one of the stamps from the Chocolate Baroque Floral Bouquet stamp set. It was coloured with distress markers.

The sentiment comes from the same stamp set and both were inked up in Peeled Paint distress ink.

I cut a diagonal strip out of the front of the card blank and placed the image so that the 3d pads were on both sides of the cut out strip, then I added the sentiment over the top.

Next is a get well card that I made for my friend with the broken ankle.

I randomly sponged peacock feathers, salty ocean and mowed lawn distress inks through a Claritystamp stencil directly onto the card blank, having first masked off the area I wanted to keep white.

With the stencil and mask in place, I sprayed a Tattered Angels glimmer mist in marshmallow to give the panel a pearlescent sheen.

The fancy silver butterfly came in a set of dies that I got when I bought my Big Shot Plus.  I made a backing for the butterfly by cutting a shape out of gold card by hand.

The sentiment was die cut in the same card using Tattered Lace dies.




Finally I had a play with vellum.

The background panel uses a ClarityStamps groovi border to get the ribbon effect along the edge.

The daisy is a Stamps by Chloe stamp inked up in versamark and heat embossed with Wow Sparkling Snow embossing powder.

The sentiment is a Papertrey Ink one and it was heat embossed with an opaque white embossing powder.




I hope you like my little cards today. Thank you so much for popping over and I hope to see you again very soon.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

12 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards....my favourite is the butterfly. Love the colours and the stencilling and that butterfly really stands out. Super

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning, Sharon! They're all so different but with a definite 'pretty' thread running through them that looks absolutely great. Lovely colouring, both the blending with DIs and the colouring with DMs. Fab inspiration cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy crafty week for you Sharon but gorgeous designs. Love the elegant vellum image and border against the lilac. That's so elegant. In fact they are all fab. The clever diagonal cut to the card front on the lemon one is so neat and you are rocking that colour blending on the LIM one. Stunning. Have a fun week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, three stunners Sharon!
    I think your work with the vellum takes the prize this time it looks so elegant and distinctive!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so elegant, Sharon! Love the summery yellow, the beautiful butterfly and your gorgeous vellum - such different looks with the same sketch. Lot of inspiration as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such terrific inspiration cards...all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fab Sharon - love yellow, it's such a happy colour. The vibrant stencilling is amazing too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creations once again, Sharon. Such a clever idea to cut the diagonal away from your card base, and the lilac/vellum card is just dreamy, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 lovely cards Sharon. I love the yellow of the first one but the second one is my favourite - the stencilling behind the diecut butterfly looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful set of cards using the sketch! Love the idea of open strip on the first card!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.