7 May 2016

Less is More week 275 - Colour Challenge

Hello there.
How are you all doing?
Thank you so much for popping by.

Before I get to my DT cards for today, I'd like to wish one of my fellow teamies a
VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Yes, today is Anita's birthday so...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Anita,
Happy birthday to yooooouuuuu

 I hope that you will all pop over to her blog to wish her a happy birthday too.  I'm sure she would be over the moon to see you.

Right, now the cats have finished singing (yowl!!!) let's get back to today's challenge.

Today I'm here with our latest Less is More challenge which is colour week. The colours we'd like to see are
Pastel Colours.

Our new sponsor for May is:
Picture
So, what did I make this week for your inspiration?
These cards...

Up first is a monochromatic card in a pastel blue. 
The free stamp from Craft Stamper April 2016 magazine was inked in versamark on white linen card and then heat embossed with Papermania clear embossing powder.
A sponge dauber was used to create a misty blue background to the flower using Versacolour 19 Cyan.
The flower panel was cut out and attached to a hand pricked panel with 3d foam pads and the hand pricked panel was attached to the card base with 3d foam too. 
No sentiment added yet, I will wait for the right occasion before adding it.




This next card took a little longer to complete. 
A panel was masked off on the left hand side and Sweet Poppy Stencil Dimensions Translucent paste was applied through a Clarity Stencils mask.
This was left to dry overnight.
Pan Pastels is Yellow Ochre Tint, Permanent Green Tint and Violet Tint were applied over the dried and still masked off panel.
The Pan Pastels were also used on the Marianne Creatables LR0224 die sentiment to match it in. 3 sequins were randomly added too.









Finally, the front of a double sided pearlescent card base was trimmed back slightly and corners rounded, then on a masked off area of the back part of the card Archival Brilliance Inkpad in Twighlight was swiped.
The image is Anenome Corner dinkie by Indigo Blu, inked in the same brilliance inkpad.












Well, that's if from me for this week.  Please hop over to the challenge blog to see the magic created by my fellow teamies. 
Please leave me a little comment to let me know that you've been here.
Hugs,
Sharon xx



20 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon
    Three lovey cards... All stunners...
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pastel cards, I love the Indigo Blu dinkie stamp!
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty trio of cards. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fabulous inspiration there, I can't pick a favourite, they're all wonderful. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, Sharon, and thanks so much for the happy birthday serenade! And a BIG thank you for my wonderful birthday card, all the way from across the miles, it's gorgeous thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three lovely cards. My favourite is the middle one. Just love that gorgeous panel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous Sharon, what gorgeous makes and all so delicate looking! It would be really hard to pick a favourite!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Sharon. Love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful delicate designs and colours! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three gorgeous cards, well done, they are all fab :D x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooops! Just spotted your song to Anita ... I've just done the same in my comment!!! Anyway back to your AWESOME cards Sharon and another busy week for you in terms of LIM crafting. Such stunning use of pastels and made even better with that gorgeous Portuguese sunshine BG. Actually we've had a bit of the old yellow stuff ourselves the last few days but didn't manage to snap any photos out there yet!!!! LOL! Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharon and thank you for the visit. All your cards are so different but all lovely versions of this weeks challenge.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three great cards...but I must say that first card really caught my eye! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three great cards...but I must say that first card really caught my eye! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soft and dreamy cards this week Sharon, all so beautiful, love that blue flower x

    ReplyDelete
  17. How gorgeous are these cards !

    ReplyDelete
  18. How gorgeous are these cards !

    ReplyDelete
  19. All so fabulous Sharon, clever lady ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.