1 Jun 2016

Country View Challenges - Crackle

Hello,
 
How are you? Thanks so much for popping in.
 
Today I have something a little different to share with you.  It's a little trinket box.  
 
Back at the beginning of April I found out that my name had been picked out as the winner of Country View Crafts Challenge for the month of March. 
 
Well, if that wasn't good enough.... I was so excited and honoured to be given a guest designer slot with that challenge for this month. Fabulouso!

My item will be shown on the Country View Challenge blog on 19th June but I was asked to make this post coincide with the challenge going live.
 
 The theme that has been set is:
 Crackle!

 
Normally, "crackle" makes me naturally head to the dark, grungy, muddy colours to show the crackle off. However, I set myself a challenge to make an inspiration piece that was light, pretty and feminine. I hope you like it. 
 
 
I made it by first painting the little box in white acrylic paint.
 
Once that was dried I randomly smooshed distress inks in Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Tattered Rose all over the outside of the box and lid. 
 
Then I took a paintbrush and with some watered down Picked Raspberry distress ink I splattered spots over the box and lid.
 
 Then I added a layer of Ranger crackle medium and once that was dried I worked Mermaid Lagoon distress ink into the crackles to really show them up.
 
 
To finish the piece, I glued some pearly trim around the bottom of the box, around the box lid and added a diagonal piece across the top of the box and glued some flowers and leaves into place,
 
 
So - not really a complicated piece to make but it does look so pretty in real life.
 
 
I hope you will head over to the Country View Challenges blog to see what the actual design team have made - Wow! such inspirational pieces for you to drool over.
 
Thanks so much for looking
Hugs,
Sharon xx

3 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly pulled off pretty and feminine! Lovely colours and fab little floral arrangement. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ranger Crackle medium gives a totally different look to my medium! Gorgeous box and the flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some serious crackle going on there Sharon. Just love your creation. X

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.