11 Jun 2016

Less is More 280 - Splatters


Good Morning! Are you well?
 
Oh my gosh! I am SOOOOO excited today. Why?  It's my daughter's wedding day. Can't believe it is actually here!  And boy! did I underestimate how much was left to do last week before we could get to this big day? Youbetcha!

We hit the ground running when we arrived back in the UK and have not stopped since! Still, some time tomorrow things should start to return to normal.
 
But that's not why you are here, is it?  You want to know about the new
 Less is More challenge, don't you?
 
It's our One Layer week and we want to see that one layer teamed up with splatters.
 
We have been very privileged to receive a stencil that Shery from Stamplorations has designed specifically for this challenge. It is a terrific stencil and it would have been rude not to use it,
wouldn't it?
 
This first card has a sentiment that I generated in Microsoft Publisher. The fonts I used are Dragline BTN Dm and GrutchShaded.  It was a little tricky getting the colours in 'ART' to match up to the distress inks I used on the splatters - but I got there in the end.
 
The splatters are from the ARTplorations ART SPLATTERS stencil that Shery designed for us.
 
I used distress markers in salty ocean, mowed lawn and wilted violet to draw round the shapes in the stencil, then I coloured them in fully.
 
I wanted the paint drips to be tactile with a lot of dimension so I had to add some glossy accents to do this.
TIP: as distress ink reacts and changes colours when glossy accents are applied - use a versamark clear embossing pen and clear embossing powder to heat emboss and seal the distress ink colours before you apply the glossy accents.
 
My next card is a quicky one to make.
 






I used a word from one of the ClarityStamps word chain sets, stamped it in Abandoned Coral distress ink and heat set it with clear embossing powder.
 
Then I brushed through the Artplorations ART SPLATTERS stencil with a stencil brush in squeezed lemonade and worn lipstick distress inks,
 
To give the splatters and words a bit of a 3d look, I went around part of the edges with a pumice stone distress marker.
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, I used a splatters stamp from The Greetings Farm on this last card.

 I masked off a panel on the card blank and then stamped in red pepper, rust and sunshine yellow Adirondacks.

I drew a line in hicory smoke distress marker down each side of the panel to give the impression of depth.

Then I used another variation of the Stamplorations Journey clear stamps set sentiment (from last week's sentiment) inked in tuxedo black memento ink and then clear embossed the sentiment.
 
 
 
Please head over to the challenge blog to see what amazing items the rest of my teamies have made.
 
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

10 comments:

  1. 3 stunning splattered cards Sharon and I honestly don't know how you've found the time to fit these in with all the organisations for the wedding. Beautiful colours and designs on each and thanks for the tip on glossy accents and distress inks - that explains why I ended up with neon butterflies on a card now! Hope you have a spectacular day today and fingers crossed the sun comes out for you. Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope today is just perfect, Sharon, and that you and your family have a wonderful time! How exciting :) Your 3 cards are perfect too - I don't know how you have found the time to fit this in alongside all of the preparations. Those clarity words work perfectly with the splats - I should have thought to use mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter - hope the day goes brilliantly! Love your cards which are all so different in feel and showing such a range of techniques. Great tip about embossing the DIs before using Glossy Accents, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupendous makes.

    Hope your daughters special day goes super well!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards. I hope the big day goes perfectly and that you have plenty of tissues to hand! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your daughter, wow!
    You are incredible that you had time to make these cards - they are incredible and so many techniques used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these cards are wonderful. Perfect take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three fabulous cards Sharon, I love how you defined the edge of the splatters giving an illusion of dimension... wonderful!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm so late visiting, Sharon! I hope the wedding went smoothly and all that planning could be enjoyed :)
    As for your cards, wow, what a selection. I love the gloss you added on your first one and thanks for the tip about adding over Distress Inks, didn't know that! Love the colour combo of splatters on your last card too xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.