2 Jul 2016

Less is More 283 - Kitchen Colours

Good Morning.
 
It's time for a new Less is More Challenge and this week is our color week. We'd like to see cards made using your Kitchen Colours.
 
As it is the first week in July we have a new sponsor for this month:
 
 
I am about to change my kitchen, in fact the builders start work in 2 days time!! Eeeek! And I only arrived back from the UK yesterday which is why I didn't have time to make more than one card this week....too busy packing up my current kitchen.

As the new, ultra modern kitchen isn't installed yet, I thought I would use the colours of my current kitchen.

The stamp is from Stamping Bella and it is called Gerbera in vase.  I wanted to make it look a bit more like the sunflowers in my kitchen, hence the colour I chose.

It was stamped onto watercolour paper in Archival Black ink.

Watercolour pencils were used to colour it in and also to add a tiny drop shadow around the vase.

Glossy accents were applied to the water part of the vase.

The sentiment from the Craft Asylum 'Into the Woods' set was inkend in Indigo Blue Versacolour.

The whole panel was raised onto a deep blue card blank with 3d foam pads.

So, I didn't quite get the white from the kitchen cupboards in, but I  did get the blue and cream from the floor tiles and the yellows and green (the stem) of the accent colours that I use in the kitchen.

Here are a couple of photos of the kitchen that is about to be ripped out.  It is very traditionally Portuguese - just look at the floor tiles! - all hand painted and worth a fortune!






And those are the sunflowers which sit just about where I was standing to take the first photo. They are the inspiration for this card.
 
It'll be great to see what you all make this week.
Don't forget to see what my teamies have been up to with this challenge by clicking HERE.
 
Thanks so much for popping by. It was lovely to see you. It would be fab if you would leave me a little comment to let me now you've been by.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card Sharon and yummy colours... Maybe we'll have to run this challenge again when the new one is installed ;) all the best with that and I can sympathise having had mine done this time last year. Well worth it though despite the upheaval! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon
    Fabulous card... Your kitchen looks stunning... Why change it...lol...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send those luscious floor tiles to me!! Love your card, so pretty and a great idea to use Glossy Accents for the water part of the vase. Good luck for the building work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Sharon, hope the new kitchen goes well too 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. I hope the new kitchen goes well, but I do kind of like the tile on your current floor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your current kitchen, but know that change is always good as well...love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card, love your tiles too! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous, your kitchen is gorgeous... you are gorgeous! I'm sure your new kitchen will be even gorgeouser!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love your kitchen - hope you post a photo of your new kitchen after it's been installed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for the late visit, this week has been mad!
    Wow, I love your kitchen, seems a shame to change it! Great interpretation onto your fab CAS card too, love that single yellow bloom. Would love to see pics of your new kitchen when it's finished (cos I'm a nosey parker! lol) xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.