16 Jul 2016

Less is More 285 - Repetition

Hi there.

How's things with you? Good? Great!

Want to see some cards?

Okay. Let's introduce the new Less is More challenge. This week is our theme week and the theme we've chosen is
Repetition.

There are so many possibilities to incorporate that word.  I've used repetition in stamping, repetition in coloured stripes and repetition in die cuts. Let's hope some of these will spark your creativity too.
I did get carried away so I have 5 cards to share today. Ooops!


First is my quick and easy card.

The Altenew Halftone Hello stamp was repeat stamped in Distress Inks of candied apple, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, mowed lawn and salty ocean.

The 'birthday girl' from the same stamp set was inked in wilted violet.

The corners were punched with an inverted rounder corner punch and the panel was attached to the card blank. Simples!




It was my wedding anniversary on 8th July, so I made this next card for my hubby as he doesn't like a lot of fuss on his cards.
Ha Ha! It was only after he opened it that I thought...maybe that sentiment isn't exactly the best as it could be read ANTI-versary. That'll teach me for trying to be clever!

The sentiment was computer generated.

The tiny ants were repeat stamped in versamark onyx black and the two central ones were stamped in raspberry and sailboat blue Adirondacks.

The tiny hearts were stamped in the same colours and popped up on 3d foam pads.

The ants are from a discontinued Whimsey stamps set. It's one of the sets I received when I was on their DT many moons ago and I love using it - such a shame it was discontinued.


Next I have a repetition in stripey colours.

 A piece of card was coloured and smudged with fingers in  distress crayons of antique linen, vintage photo and walnut stain.

The panel was die cut with Altenew's halftone smile die, and a second diecut was also made in whit card to insert back into the panel.

The sentiment from the Altenew halftone smile stamp set was stamped into place directly on the Kraft card blank and heat embossed using Personal Impressions opaque white embossing powder.

A tiny piece of bakers twine was added to the panel and it was popped into place on the card with 3d foam tape.




Now another version of the repeat stripes.

This panel was coloured with distress markers in peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch and hickory smoke.

The panel was spritzed with blue raspberry perfect pearls spray to give a lovely shimmery effect.

The die is a tattered lace die, but this time I didn't inlay the die. It was really fiddly putting the centres of letters and loops back into place on this one! It was finished with a couple of pearls.


Finally one that didn't go so well.

The hearts were cut from the Tim Holtz mini bird crazy dies out of red and white card, attaching red under white and white under red to give some dimension.

A grid was marked in pencil on the card blank and the sentiment from Waltzing Mouse 'say it loud' set was stamped into place with a red papermania ink.

The hearts were attached to the card following the grid.

That's where it didn't go too well - I drew the grid to attach them on top of the lines. Silly girl! You can't rub those lines out that way.

So the tip to all of you is... if you try something like this, make sure your grid is drawn so that your elements go into the centre of the pencilled boxes - that'll be much easier to erase the lines!

Thanks for looking and please do take a look at my team mates blogs as well as the challenge site because you will find tons of inspiration from those.

Not much news on the kitchen front this week as everything has been going pretty uneventfully. The framework for the lowered ceiling has gone in. It is being lowered so that we can have 2 zones of spotlights as you can't put those into a concrete ceiling! When planning the kitchen we also decided the part of the ceiling over the new kitchen island would be lowered further so that the extractor will be at the right height. Well - I sneaked in to see all the ceiling framework one night after the builders had left and realise that my new island will be an absolute monster! It's huge! Can't wait to see it in place. I'm sure it'll be a joy to cook and prep on.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

14 comments:

  1. Five FABULOUS cards! Wow! I love the idea of using stripes for repetition, and it looks so attractive. Those are the world's cutest ants (hope your husband liked the card as it looks great!) and I love the impact of the repeated sentiment stamping and repeated hearts. Beautiful! Exciting times with the kitchen. I had my ceiling lowered for spotlights too and it works so much better than before, really bright and even light. The disruption will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sharon you really were on a roll this week, these are all simply fabulous and really innovative. I love the simplicity of the ants and the stripey backgrounds look amazing but those hearts are just magic!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the antsy card, but they're all wonderful...might case you're hearts card for my husbands birthday next week...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous bunch of cards Sharon....
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your cards are just terrific. My favorite is the ant card...so cute and clever...and of course, perfectly CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many fab ideas. My mojo dried up a bit but you've made it look so easy. Love the heart idea, and the rainbow sentiments on your first card, such a simple idea but great impact.
    Your kitchen sounds like it's going to be amazing, can't wait to see pics of the finished project! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness Sharon. How do you find the time for so many superb examples. I loved the ant-iversary one as soon as I saw it but WOW you've rocked it with these other classic examples too. Good luck with kitchen week 3 and looking forward to seeing the finished piccys. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh Sharon,

    You're a pro at repeating - and I think your ants is a giggle and a hoot! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards. Loved the minimalistic but effective ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much inspiration in one blog post! I love the effect on the striped panels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Sharon for leaving such a beautiful and authentic comment on my card. Your cards are all so nice and I am trying to follow you however blogger shows an error and repeatedly so.

    You are a great card maker,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards and I love your anniversary card! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A cornucopia of CASness, Sharon ... these are all so fabulous! I'm especially taken by the blue hued panel ... such delicious saturated colour and impact ... gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards here Sharon, I adore the ants one esp....how cute and clever!belated Anniversary wishes too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.