23 Jul 2016

Less Is More 286 and 287 - Tactile

Hello to you. Thank you for popping in today - it is lovely to see you here.
Are you well? Yes?
Ready to craft? 
I do hope so because it is time to introduce another Less is More challenge
This week we have a recipe and the challenge will run for 2 weeks.
The recipe is :
Use something tactile.
Well, I looked up several definitions of 'tactile' and here are the ones I liked.
Of or connected with the sense of touch.
Perceptible by touch or apparently so, tangible.
Designed to be perceived by touch. Pleasant to touch.
So - not as hard as you initially thought, is it? There are lots of tactile things that we crafters love to use on our creations. But remember, we do like to see lots of white space so keep it clean and simple.
 Here are my makes this week.

1. Meltpot!



Yes - you read that right!
Here's a challenge - get out those meltpots to create a tactile embellishment. Many of us have these things, but they seldom come out of the cupboard.
This was actually the very first time I got my meltpot out. I bought it years ago with the intention of using it once I had taken early retirement because then I would have time to play. (Ha! little did I know I would buy a house with half a hectare of land to garden! Time? what time?). Anyway. I can tell you that I had SO much fun with it that I wish I had played with it years ago.
I'd like to enter this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Things with wings

So - onto the card.
In the meltpot mix up UTEE and Melt Art ink in Turquoise. If you add too much colour (like I did) you can tone it down with a bit of white UTEE.

Ink the Texture Tread mould called Winged Mosaic with versamark ink to help it release the finished piece, then brush some perfect pearls powders into the mould. I used forever green, forever blue, forever violet and turquoise.

Tip the melted and coloured UTEE onto the texture tread and let it dry. I since found out you could put something like a cookie cutter over the part of the stamp that you want to use to help you get straight edges. Ah well, my piece is more 'organic'.

A piece of silver spiders web and a few pieces of turquoise card were added behind the melt pot image and the tattered lace sentiment was cut out in the turquoise card.

 

2. Micro glass beads

I love using tiny glass beads on my creations because they have a wonderful texture and can feel really silky over a large area, or bumpy when over a smaller area. My creation is verging on the bumpy side.

I'd like to enter this into Crafty Creations Challenge - Ombre

A piece of card was randomly inked in Distress Inks in shaded lilac, wilted violet and picked raspberry to create an ombre effect. A double-sided adhesive sheet was added directly onto the inked surface and then it was cut out with the Altenew Thanks die.

Once it was cut out, the other piece of backing paper over the adhesive sheet was removed from the diecut to reveal the pretty ink and it was covered with Creative Expressions micro glass beads.

Some random splatters were added to the bottom corner of the card in the same shades of distress ink and the sentiment from the Altenew Halftone Thanks set was added in wilted violet.

 

3. Hessian or Burlap.


The weave on burlap is very pleasant to touch.  This is my quickie card.

I'd like to enter this one into Oh La La Challenge - Texture








Die cut a piece of burlap using a Sizzix Classic Hearts die.

Cut out 2 flag type banners in cream card and one in kraft card.

Add the Sweet Dixie Big Sentiments sentiment stamped in gathered twigs Distress Ink and add a pearl to the heart.

Simples.




So - you have two weeks to come up with something tactile for the challenge. Don't forget that my teamies sometimes have additional inspiration on their personal blogs as well as the magic they create for the challenge post.

Kitchen Update

Couldn't finish without a kitchen update, could I?
The builder has completed all of his work now and (eeeek!) on Monday the kitchen fitter arrives to start fitting the units. I am so excited! Will also find out on Tuesday how long it will be before the stone cutter has the worktops, backsplashes and windowsill ready for fitting (final measurements will be taken on Tuesday). It's all go now!
Thanks for popping by. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

14 comments:

  1. Wow Sharon! I'm blown away by your creativity with all three cards. What fantastic ways of adding texture, and they all look stunning. Wonderful inspiration! And so exciting about your kitchen. Not long now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all amazing Sharon... I can't believe what fabulous texture you have brought out with all these amazing techniques!
    Sensational... all of them!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific examples of texture, Sharon. You have some fabulous things in your stash. I once had some micro beads but sold them on ebay as I never thought I'd use them! Loving how you used them here though. That deep tone on your meltpot panel us delicious and your burlap quickie card, right up my street. Kitchen-a-go-go! Can't wait to see it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sharon, thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so pretty, but I like the burlap one the most. The first one is so full of texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such brilliant techniques to inspire us with, Sharon! I shall get my meltpot back out from having seen your gorgeous sample and the micro beads are fabulous too. Such great tactile elements :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three super cards Sharon, love the CAS style of your Krafty card for our current OOHLALA challenge, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Sharon... Can't pick a Fave..
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What terrific cards...I particularly like the use of the beads, what a super idea and perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your cards are beautiful but the first one is AMAZING! Love the colours and texture. Love your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Things with Wings Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous thank you card with those micro beads - great look. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three of these are brilliant! Each one with different texture, so cool! I must get my melt pot out too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first card is amazing! I have never heard of the meltpot technique and I'm afraid to look it up in case I want to get it! lol! I love the colours on your thanks card too and its also the first time I've heard of covering the inked area with adhesive to add embellishments. Pinning it for future inspiration, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG ... I'm back at last to commenting! Sorry for the delay but it was definitely worth the wait looking at these awesome tactile beauties Sharon. Your imagination and talent shines super bright here and I'm literally swooning at your ideas. Fantastic takes on the challenge. Hugs Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.