13 Aug 2016

Bonjour Sunflower

Here is a step by step on how I created a one layer sunflower card.
 
 
 
Stamp the sunflower image from Graphic 45 set #ICO217 in memento black tuxedo ink directly onto your card blank.
 
Mask the sunflower and then stamp the text stamp from Graphic 45 set #ICO215 in Pesto Adirondack ink. Colour the sunflower in with distress markers. I used a combination of Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough, Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge.
 
 
Mask off the card blank around the stamped text with post it notes. Stamp the sunflower stamp onto the sticky part of the post-it and cut that out as a mask, then add it on top of the coloured image on your card blank.
 
Into the opening blend some distress inks. I used Bundled Sage and Iced Spruce (I forgot I had already removed the mask from the sunflower in this photo - sorry!)
 
 
Remove the post it notes and mask from the sunflower. You should end up with this on  your card blank.
 
To give the illusion of the central 'picture' being a different piece of paper that has been adheared to the card, add some shading to two sides. I used Distress markers in Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke for this.
Here you can see the shading to the left hand side
 
And here it is added to the bottom too.
 
 
The final step is to put the post-it notes back in place (but not the sunflower mask). Press versamark clear ink into the opening all over the 'picture'. Cover that with embossing powder
 
 
and then heat emboss it.
 
 
I also added 6 tiny gems to finish the project off. 
 
 
Hope you like it.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

7 comments:

  1. Gosh a lot of work went into this! Seriously impressive x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate you explaining and showing your steps.I agree-seriously impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm struggling making one layer cards, I often feel they end up looking a bit bland, so this step by step tutorial was very useful for me. The shading detail is a brilliant touch, it gives the image dimension and makes your card look layered even if it isn't.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.