Instagram

13 Aug 2016

Less is More 289 - One Layer With Something French

Hello to you.
Have you had a good week? I do hope so.
 
Oh my! I have had another REALLY busy week.
 
The kitchen got finished (YAY!) just in time for the grandchildren arriving (pictures below - of the kitchen, not the grandchildren ;-) ) so I spent 3 days getting all the kitchen equipment out of the other rooms in the house, cleaning those rooms and then organising and reorganising (and reorganising again) in the kitchen to get the items in fairly logical areas. Ha! It may take some time until I am completely happy with it.
 
Since the kiddies arrived we've had beach days and pool days and that has been real fun. Lots more of that to come this week too. I think we will take them out in our boat and have a day at Zoomarine (love that place!) and a waterslide park too.
Ha Ha - I can pretend I'm a teenager again! albeit a wrinkly one ;-)
 
Anyway - to the cards.  It's Saturday so its time for another Less is More challenge and this week is
 
One Layer Week
 
With a theme of
something FRENCH.

1) French Sunflowers

I'd like to enter this one into The Sisterhood of Crafters - Close to Nature.

I suppose you are wondering how my first card with a sunflower on it is related to the theme of something French...

Well, one of my first holidays to the south of France entailed us driving along roads that went through fields and fields of sunflowers. It was fantastic! To get to our destination and find that a field of sunflowers was right next door was the icing on the cake! So forever in my mind is this association with sunflowers and France.

Tentative link? maybe but a sunflower is evocative of French holidays to me.

Yes - it is a one layer card.....I have put a step-by-step with photos in the post below this one. Just click HERE.

 

2. The French Flag


Next up is my quickie card.

Honestly - this one takes minutes!

Ink up the Graphic 45 sentiment from #ICO215 in black memento and stamp directly onto the card. Mask off the sentiment.

Mask off an area on the top left and swipe chipped sapphire distress ink across it.

Repeat this on the right using candied apple distress ink.





3) French Postcards

I'd like to enter this into the three muses challenge - you've got mail






This is a card where I really had fun again with lots of masking and also practicing and  learning to use my spectrum noir pencils.

I've created a picture tutorial  on this one too and you can access it by clicking HERE.








Well that's it from the card front.
 
Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog and to my team mates blogs for some extra French-inspired inspiration.
 
Now for the kitchen....
 
I did say we were going ultra-modern didn't I?  and that our kitchen island is huge ( a beast, I think I called it!).
 
Well - here you are....not finished with accent colours yet so no textiles at the window or patio door...but you get the idea.
 
And we kept the floor!




Thanks so much for looking.
Can't wait to see what you all create with this weeks theme.
 
Hope you find time to leave me a short comment to let me know what you think of these cards.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

21 comments:

  1. Sharon as always your cards are brilliant! Love the story of the sunflowers and in fact I also remember driving through France through fields of sunflowers ... It's an awesome sight isn't it? Love the perfect simplicity of the second one and your colouring and masking on the third is pure perfection. Oooh and I'm thrilled to see your kitchen complete! Super stylish and modern and a perfect room for entertaining. Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon as always your cards are brilliant! Love the story of the sunflowers and in fact I also remember driving through France through fields of sunflowers ... It's an awesome sight isn't it? Love the perfect simplicity of the second one and your colouring and masking on the third is pure perfection. Oooh and I'm thrilled to see your kitchen complete! Super stylish and modern and a perfect room for entertaining. Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is stunning! Totally worth the wait. So pleased you've had a fun week with the grandchildren too, though I can imagine you're ready for some peace and quiet now! Love all three of your cards. You're so clever with your masking/colouring and giving the effect of lots of texture. Really inspiring! And your second card is a great example of how impactful a 'quick card' can be with those effective blocks of colour. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Not only three fab makes for the LIM challenge DT this week but your kitchen looks GORGEOUS, you must be delighted

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card creations and your new kitchen looks awesome! You will fill it up in no time ... then that huge island won't look so huge! LOL Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CLOSE TO NATURE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards & kitchen xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sharon, I love your kitchen, so beautiful. Your cards are fantastic too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sharon, I love your kitchen, so beautiful. Your cards are fantastic too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three super makes, Sharon and all so different. Such a quick idea for card two and I love your third creation, a wonderful base of detail with all that lovely white space above. And as for your kitchen, wowzers, it looks amazeballs! The floor looks fabulous with the modern design, glad you kept it. You'll be moving things around for months no doubt xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards - lovely kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sunflowers did remind me of the fields with them that I saw 2 years ago on our holidays in France, so these beauties looked so french to me!
    And wow what a great and super modern kitchen; must be a good feeling everytime you step in!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards as ever Sharon but I just adore that beautiful new kitchen, so envious! looks similar to my daughter's which I love too.I sooo need a new one but still want to move house so not sure if we will do it or not arghhh!;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your mail art, Sharon. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three great cards and that masking on the last one is amazing. Love your new kitchen too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I'm spoilt for choice! Fabulous cards...and wow what a kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I'm spoilt for choice! Fabulous cards...and wow what a kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! I especially love the sunflower, I just love sunflowers, they're so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning cards Sharon - love your take ON THE fRENCH theme - those Sunflowers are awesome!
    Have a great time with the children (you don't look wrinkly at all by-the-way)!! Have fun! Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards and great masking technique, Sharon! I really love the sunflower - still current and numberless here in France!
    Thanks for your nice comment.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.