Instagram

27 Aug 2016

Less is More #291 - Use a Sticky Label/ Sticker/ Peel Off

Hello there,
How are you today?
Good?
That's great.
 
Well, it's Saturday again ..... where did that last week go?
 
Time for another new challenge over at
and this week we'd like to see you all
use a sticky label or sticker or peel off
on your clean and simple creations.
 
I had to really rush my samples this week as it has been an exceptionally busy week. But, I hope you like them.
 
Here they are.

 

1. Stickers for the USA

 
I had some sticker stars and long strips of sticky labels so I thought I would play around with them. 
 
I'm calling this an early thanksgiving card.....well, it's a bit late for 4th July but a card like this would be good for that too.

Easy peasy to make.
A semicircular mask was cut out of spare paper and one piece was attached to the card blank to expose the top left corner.

Star stickers were stuck randomly into the masked off area making sure some of the stickers went over the edges.

Chipped sapphire distress marker in the distress marker spritzer was used to spray the blue colour. Then the star stickers and mask were removed.

The other piece of the mask (i.e. the negative bit) was placed over the top left corner to mask the blue part of the card. Then 3 long sticky labels were added on the left side to create stripes (the far right was masked too to avoid any spare ink spots).

Festive berries distress marker in the distress marker spritzer was puffed over the labels. The labels and masks were removed.

The sentiment comes from a Papermania stamp set called Lindy and the sentiment flag was hand cut and put onto the card blank with 3d foam pads.

2) Butterfly sticker



 
This is the quicky card.

One of the first things I bought when I started card making was a flower fairy, butterflies and dragonflies 'pick of the week' from create and craft. I still have hundreds of bits of that kit left, so this was the perfect opportunity to use some of the stickers up.

The butterfly sticker from the set was stuck onto a piece of white and then yellow card to mat it and then stuck directly onto the card blank.

The sentiment is from the Sweet Dixie Big Sentiments set. You may not be able to read it as it is in a light lemon colour - it says 'sorry'.



3) Airbrushed Butterfly peel-offs


I had fun with this card.

Butterfly peeloffs were placed onto a panel.

A fancy edge was created on post-it notes using a really old Fiscars Shapes plastic template. The post-its were added to the panel to create a border.

I used the distress marker spritzer (Yes...that was my new toy that turned up this week ..... and I LOVE it) to puff different colours of distress markers over the exposed panel.

The post-it notes and peel-offs were removed, and the corners of the panel rounded before adding it to the card blank with 3d foam pads.

The sentiment from Whimsy Stamps birthday sentimentables was die cut in the same card as the base and the panel.

I hope you will head over to the challenge to see the amazing things my fellow teamies have done with their stickers.
 
Now I'm off to enjoy a week in the sun here (at my house) with my friends.
 
Hope to see you again soon
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's nice to use some old stash and you've created three fab cards here Sharon. I particularly love the last one, so effective and great choice of colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. The butterfly border on the last card is so pretty. And I think the early Thanksgiving card is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning designs, Sharon! The USA card is so gorgeously vintage in feel... now I want a distress spritzer but then I'd need all the distress markers too and where would it stop?! The butterfly is so pretty with those soft lemon colours setting it off, and your third card is absolutely beautiful. What a fab idea to spritz over butterfly shapes - it's delicate but eye catching, and I love the colour choices. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another brilliant trio Sharon and loving the USA card, perfect and clever masking and so effective. You can't beat a beautiful butterfly sticker and the third one is so ingenious. Think you'll be starting a craze for Distress Spritzers now!!!! Have a fun week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific set of cards...your creativity is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have distress spritzer and haven't managed to make anything that I liked so far! You totally rocked it! Love all three of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant cards....that last card is my favourite and looks amazing. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas with stickers, love the USA one so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such clever ideas with peel offs Sharon which show they can still be current if used in a different way and I love them all! x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.