10 Sep 2016

Less is More 293 - Favourite Flower

Hello again,
 
Hope you have all had a good week and are ready for the weekend with, hopefully, time for some crafting. 
 
It would be fantastic if you could join us over at
for our latest challenge.
 
We are on our
ONE LAYER
week this week
 
and the theme is 
FAVOURITE FLOWER.
 
It will be lovely to see what all your favourite flowers are. Hopefully we will have a wonderful bouquet of entries.
 
Once again I managed 3 cards for this challenge ...
... although that has only scratched the surface of my favourite flowers...
(I so wish I had had a freesia stamp or a sweet pea stamp).
 
Actually, it looks like some of my favourite flowers are ones we don't get in Portugal because it is too hot to grow them here.
 
Anyway, in no particular order here are the cards I made.

1) Daffodil

 
Yes, the happy, sunny, smiling daffodil that heralds the start of spring! I just love it when these chaps start to appear because it signals the start of better weather. Luckily, I do have some of these in my garden over here.
 
This one is my 'quickie' card for this week.
 
I'd like to pop this one in at The Paper Shelter Challenge blog - embossing of any kind






The Stamplorations sketched daffodil was heat embossed in detail white embossing powder and coloured in with spectrum noir pencils (012, 014, 016, 044, 045 & 046) and a white polychrome pencil.

The sentiment is from Unico Stamps from the All Occasions Sentiments 6 set. Again this was heat embossed with detail white embossing powder.





2) Stargazer Lilies

 
These are actually my all-time favourite flower for the beauty of their colouring. The scent can sometimes be over-powering but I personally like it.  The pollen does stain everything it touches, so I have always cut the stamens off when I buy or receive these as cut flowers.
 
I'd like to pop this one in at Simon Says Stamp MONDAY challenge - Stamp It

I used a ClarityStamps tag stencil and repeat stamped the Pixie Cottage lily stamp in Memento black ink through the stencil opening.

This one was coloured with Promarkers in baby pink, cerise, maroon, lime green, apple, honeycomb, firewood, amethyst and pastel blue.

The stencil was removed and a drop shadow was added with ice grey 3 & 4 promarkers.

The sentiment is from ClarityStamps and it was inked with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.




A wink of stella was added to the darker parts of the flower petals.



3) Fuschias


Here is one plant I have not seen in Portugal, but I used to have them every year in window boxes and hanging baskets in the UK. I adore the variety of colour that you can get in these flowers.
 
I'd like to pop this one in at Simon Says Stamp WEDNESDAY challenge - Stamp
and Unicorn Challenge Blog - Happy Birthday

This card was made by masking a panel off on the right side of the card and then repeat stamping ans masking the small fuschia stamp from ClarityStamps in memento onyx black ink.

Again, I got my Spectrum Noir pencils out to colour this one in (027, 029, 033, 065, 066 & 068) along with the white polychromo pencil. I added a drop shadow to the edge of the panel using a ruler and the darkest blue pencil.

As our sponsor for September is Happy Little Stampers, I used their Bold Birthday Sentiments set for the sentiment. This was heat embossed in detail white embossing powder.

 
 
 
Well, that's it from me this week.  Please take a look at what the rest of the LIM DT have created for this challenge (as usual their cards are totally awesome).
 
Before I go, I would like to welcome my latest followers. Thank you for choosing following me and it is lovely to have you aboard.
 
Thanks for visiting me. Please come back again soon.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx
 




15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards once again, Sharon. I think that daffodil looks beautiful embossed in white on the kraft and then coloured with your pencils. And your tag looks great, I never seem to get the desired effect with drop shadows but this looks fab. Great work with your ProMarkers too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely fab, Sharon! I always love your clever use of masking/stencilling and generally creating loads of visual interest on OLCs, and this week is yet more proof of your brilliance :) Your colouring is super too. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossed daffodil looks great against the earthy kraft card, Sharon, and your lily tag card is fabulous - both the colouring and the depth you have created. It looks as if I can pick the tag up! Your fuschias are so gorgeous too - I must have a go with coloured pencils on kraft. A beautiful floral start to the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super pretty cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! Happy STAMPtember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful cards Sharon ! I love the lilies card ! So clever the stencil, the stamping and the shadow ! I love the sentiment, it is so true ! Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all three of your beautiful floral cards! Each one is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the super sweet comment on my cards Sharon and sorry if I nicked the lilies! Considering your nightmare week you've worked like crazy producing these 3 beauties! Love the embossed daffodil on kraft, that's so effective and obviously I can't resist the lilies! Hope you have a more restful week! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the A fold both are beautiful cards TFS Unicorn Ch Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are all fabulous! Great coloring on each one. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Stamp It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely cards- I just love florals and couldn't choose my favourite here I'm afraid!- thank you so much for joining in with out challenge at TPS this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your use of kraft card stock. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the white embossing on your Daffodil card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning cards Sharon! I love the White embossing and colouring on the Daffodil card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards but the daffodil stands out for me, absolutely love it on the kraft card.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.