Instagram

24 Sep 2016

Less is More 295 - Thread

Hi there,

Well, last week I did say I might surprise you and only make 2 cards instead of 3 for my DT inspiration, didn't I? 
 
I am not going to disappoint either...2 cards it is! 
 
I would have made a third but we have been sooooooo busy with visitors staying with us (two sets of friends, brother-in-law & sister-in-law and now my youngest daughter) that the time just vanished.
 
Pfffft! Just like that!
 
Another week gone.
 
What is more of a shock is that I do not have a single card ready for next week - which is very unlike me.
 
Anyway, let's concentrate on this week.
 
This week we have our recipe week at Less is More and we'd like to see you
 
USE SOME THREAD ON YOUR CREATIONS.
 
I looks like thread, string, twine and burlap are included in that judging from the other amazing makes that the rest of our DT have created for your delight. DO take a look at them HERE.

1. Serene Stitching


I'd like to enter this in at
Try it on Tuesdays - Coffee and Cream OR Two colours of your own choice - mine are pink and cream
Seize the Birthday - soft and simple


My first card uses a metal template that I used to use a lot when I first started card making and I had forgotten just how relaxing it is to stitch on card. It is as good as colouring in or zentangle for me.

The Kars Bling Bling Doodles No BD8702 was used to pierce the holes onto a scrap piece of cream card.

It was sewn with some spare embroidery thread that was lying around and the panel popped onto the base card with 3d foam pads.

The sentiment is from Die'Sire.

It was finished with some sequins.

2) Halloween coloured Xmas

 
I'd like to add this card to the Sweet Stamping Christmas - Christmas Die Cuts
Crafting by Design - Get Ready for Christmas
The Crazy Challenge - Burlap or Twine
 
I thought I would try something really different for a Xmas colour scheme....and actually I do quite like this.  This is my quickie card.

Cut a panel of bright orange glitter card, and die cut the tree (Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz Alterations festive scribbles) from the same glitter card.

Cut a small panel of black card and run it through an embossing machine using a Sizzix A4 embossing folder. Sorry - I can't find the name of this one (but I suppose something like the A5 Swiss Dots folder would do just as well).

Stick the mats together and pop onto the card blank with 3d pads. Stick the Xmas tree onto the mats.

Final touch.... get some burlap tied into small knots and glue them to the tree as baubles!
 
Well, that's it from me. I have 3 more days with my youngest daughter, whom I will be very sad to say good bye to because she won't be back until Xmas, and then I will retire to my craft room for a few days to play (big cheesy grin!)
 
Hope you have a fantastic week.....whatever you have planned.
 
Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs,
Sharon xx

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards as always Susan, your stitching on the first one is simply exquisite. So pretty and feminine but also loving that hot and sizzling second card too with a fantastic use of thread! Have a good week and hoping it's a little quieter for you. Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, fabulous cards Sharon! I love the pretty pink and cream colour scheme and real stitching of the first one. The second one is just so WOW with that brilliant pop of orange. Great idea to use burlap knots as the baubles, so creative. Hope your daughter has a fab time away x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitching on your first card is just beautiful - it creates such an elegant design! The orange on your second card really pops and using the knots of thread as baubles is inspired. You have packed a lot of great ideas in to 2 cards, Sharon! I hope you enjoy some restful crafting after a full house of visitors x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pink card, nicely stitched. I'm so pleased to see someone else trying their hand at proper embroidery on a card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Sharon ... My Fave is the first one ... Beautiful
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that stitching on your first card is just amazing! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Christmas card. The orange is unique with this awesome die! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our "Christmas Die" challenge. --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. That is some intricate stitching. Perfect to do while chatting with your visitors, right? Except some don't understand the desire to spend so much time on this kind of stuff. We do tho, right? Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a striking tree, Sharon ... and just the prettiest floral panel ... fantastic stitching! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards Sharon and so different ! One so soft with its wonderful stitching and the other one so vibrant and so bright ! Love the halloween christmas tree, very original ! Thanks for sharing.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm so late, Sharon. Wonderful cards this week. Your first is so pretty and feminine, your stitching is fabulous. And a Christmas card in orange, love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! I love the stitching on your first card, it looks so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.