Instagram

1 Oct 2016

Less is More #296 - Turquoise & Lilac

Hello there!
 
Wow! It's 1st October so I have to wish you all a

Happy World Cardmaking Day!
 
It's lovely to be able to post a card or two on this special day for us cardmakers.
 
Today we have a colour challenge for you over at

and we'd like to see
 
Turquoise & Lilac
 
Such a lovely soft colour combination. I can't wait to see what you make with it.
 
As it is October it means that we have a new sponsor for the month
Please do take a look at the store
 
So today I have 3 cards....and an exploding box to share.

Oh boy! I had so much trouble photographing my cards this week. They all looked bright green rather than turquoise, so I messed with the camera settings and now I'm afraid some of these photos make them look more pale blue than anything else, and others are green-ish. Never mind!

1. Holly Christmas


I just had to play with my new Tim Holtz dies and distress crayons that finally turned up this week. It's a good job they didn't turn up when I had all those guests here because all I would have wanted to do was play with the new goodies! I really am in love with these dies...you may see them a few times in the run-up to Christmas.
 
I'd like to pop this one in at
Sweet Stampin' Christmas - Christmas Die Cuts
Sparkle n Sprinkle challenge - anything goes with loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking
 

The die is a Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz die called Mixed Media Christmas. It was cut into a white panel and the edges of some of the leaves & branches had crystal glamour dust added to them. You can't beat the old glamour dust for sparkle, eh?

That panel was mounted with 3d foam pads onto another panel that had smudged distress crayons on it and the two panels were adhered to the card base.

The sentiment is a Marianne Collectables COL1325 and it was inked in archival brilliance peacock.

Here is a close-up to show the glamour dust.

2. Banner Thanks


Here is my real quickie card.

I made this one specifically with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge in mind as it uses their super sketch.

Swipe distress inks onto white linen card and spray them with a distress sprayer, mopping the splotches as they dry. Cover with microglaze to prevent any further water damage.

The sentiment is from Unico All Occassions Sentiments 6. It was inked with distress ink on a separate piece of linen card and coloured in with distress marker.

The 3 dots at the bottom were created from the waste of the banners by using a hole punch.












3. Lilac Bling


I was making an exploding box keepsake for the first birthday of some twins that we know (photos below) so I had a piece of lilac glitter card left over and just had to use it for one of my DT makes.
 
TIP: It is always difficult to stick things onto glitter card and keep them stuck, isn't it? So, if you want to do an image shape (any shape) and mount it onto glitter card, do what I did. I cut a smaller circle out of a glitter card panel and then mounted the panel onto a card base. Once the image was finished, I stuck it to the aperture in the glittercard so it was glued directly onto the card base. Simples!
 
I'd like to pop this one in at
and Incy Wincy Designs - Things that fly

A Lawn Fawn large stitched circles was used to die cut the white linen card, and a smaller one created that aperture in the glittercard for ease of sticking.

Unico Stamps Natures Treasures were stamped in Archival Brilliance Peacock and the infill was made with a distress marker.

The bird and sentiment come from Craft Asylum's Home Sweet Home set and they were stamped in Archival Brilliance Twighlight

 
 
Please remember to take a look at what the design team have created for your inspiration over at the LIM blog HERE.

4. Exploding Box

 
Okay, on to the twins' exploding box. Not part of my LIM DT makes...but I wanted to share it with you.
 
I figured that as the twins are one boy and one girl they would get lots of pink and blue cards. So, I thought that lilac would be a good choice....after all if you mix pink and blue and add a little white you would get lilac, wouldn't you?
 
I'd like to pop this in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
 
Here is the box:




 
Thank you so much for looking.

Have a wonderful week - whatever you are up to.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

 

19 comments:

  1. OH Wow! All your projects are fabulous. I adore the perfectly CAS die cut holly with the colours showing through, the lovely thanks card and then the full on sparkle of the hello card! As for the box - it's fab! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four INCREDIBLE makes Sharon! I'm blown away by your exploding box card which is just fantastic. Your LIM cards are without exception classy and fabulous. I love the clean, balanced layouts and little touches such as the Distress Marker infill, the waste dots and of course the amazing glitter background... wow! Brilliant inspiration! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs, Sharon! I love that holly die - I must go and investigate :) It is always great to see Uniko stamps used so I love the way you have coloured the graphic thanks stamp and the foliage with the added distress markers. I hope you have lots more fun playing with your distress crayons this weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your banner card is SPOT on with this week's sketch! Thanks for joining us at AHSC! :)

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, your designs are just perfect. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh MY Goodness Sharon you are rocking! So many stunners here and such clever ideas! Love seeing the Uniko sets in action and how sweet adding the little bird to that foliage set. I'm swooning over your holly one and the superb blending beneath ... now need to add that die to my wish list!!! A pop up box too and another yummy Uniko take - beautiful CAS card and I'm going to have to try that technique for colouring the sentiment - its super-stunning. Have a good week- I'm in awe and off for a lie down!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your cards are gorgeous, but I really love the card that you made for our sketch challenge at AHSC! I love your banners and the technique you used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely lilac eye candy here today, Sharon. Your use of non-traditional colors for your holiday card will make it stand out in the gallery. Thanks for sharing your card at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great projects. On the AHSC card you submitted...love the distressing ink technique you used on the banners and sentiment. Very pretty CAS card...lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Sharon ! It was a really creative day to make all those beauties ! I really love them all ! The combination of those two colors is wonderful ! I think my fav one is your exploding box, it's just stunning ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so beautiful! I think I need some distress spray.. seems to make more splotches than just wanter... Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL x 100!!!! WOW!!!! All your cards are fab and I love the way you interpreted the AHSC sketch this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us! ~Ali (AHSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those gorgeous banners of color! Specially crafted techniques can make a simple design outstanding!! Thank you for joining us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be commenting on the card with the holly since that's the one that fits our challenge.

    This card is outstanding. I love how you did the die cut and the lavender/turquoise showing through is beautiful. I adore cards that are not traditional colors, so this one caught my eye. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our "Christmas Die Cut" challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are lovely! Very many thanks for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What a dazzling assortment of eye-candy here! The cards are gorgeous; the exploding box simply outstanding! Looking forward to seeing more of these 'new' goodies showcased! Thank you for sharing your creativity at Addicted to Stamps and More!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply stunning creations, Sharon. I love that holly die, so pretty with the colours peeping through from underneath. And I love the Uniko leaves in the circle too, so pretty. Well done for photographing your glitter, it's not easy is it! I used to always have a problem with my old camera, it hated any shade of purple and made them all look blue. These look great xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again!
    Hugs
    Belinda
    belinda-lovestamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.