15 Oct 2016

Less is More #298 - Incy Wincy Spiders / Insects

Hello there,

How are you all today? Good I hope.

Well, I'm finally able to take a breath (aka able to clean the house and catch up on some crafting) because we have no guests for a couple of weeks. Phew! such a busy spell we had, and now I fully intend to completely overdose on craft. Yippee!
 
I also finally got around to customising the widths of my blog posts in this template. Have been wanting to find time to do that all summer. Now I just have to make myself a lovely blog header, and create a better watermark and I'll be much happier.

Anyway, enough of that.  As it is Saturday it means it is time for another

 

and it is THEME week and our theme is

Incy Wincy Spiders / Insects
 
There is some fantastic inspiration from the rest of the design team on the LIM blog today so I do hope you will pop over for a look.

 

1) Spider wishes

I'd like to pop this card in at
Crafty Cardmakers - Birthday

and Cards Und More #169 - Watercolour


I had great fun creating this one. I got out the distress marker air spritzer, some water, some watercolour paper and had a really good play with it.
Marker colours used on this:
Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover, Pine Needles.

Stampendous Dandelion Wish, plus the seeds and sentiment were stamped in archival black ink.

Spider stamp is from Studio 49 Wendy Vecci Botanical Art LCS037. Again stamped in archival black.

The panel was backed with mirri card.

Black Stickles were added as a bit of highlight sparkle.






2) Caught a bug!


I'd like to pop this one in at
Addicted to Stamps - Embossing wet or dry
Incy Wincy Designs - All that Glitters
and Sparkle & Sprinkle - Anything goes with loose glitter/embossing powder and /or flocking
 
 
I found a really old stamp set from KARS which I don't think I have ever used despite owning it for 6 plus years! But when I spotted the fly I knew exactly what I was going to do with it!

The KARS fly was stamped randomly onto the card blank with archival black ink.

The flies were coloured in with Distress Markers in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Blueprint sketch (nearly had a complete disaster with that last pen as when I touched the brush tip to the card an enormous blob of ink came out! There is something very wrong with that pen.)

Once coloured, the wings were re-coloured with a versamark clear embossing pen and then heat embossed with WOW! clear sparkle embossing glitter (WS15R).

The eyes were also coloured with the embossing pen and a Papermania clear embossing powder was added to them.

The sentiment is from another very old set of stamps See-D's Cute as a Bug #50043. It was stamped in Adirondack denim pigment ink and added to the base card with 3d foam pads.

 

3) Hi Incy Wincy!







Here is my quickie card.

I searched high and low for a cute-ish little spider to make this card but there was not a thing in my stash. So out came the pens and I hand drew this card!

I used a black sharpie pen to draw the spider, web and speech bubble.

The background behind the spider was coloured in with promarkers in Orange and Mandarin to get a shade as close to the card blank as possible.

Then the black mat and the little image was added to the orange card blank with 3d foam pads.

Job done!





 
 
Thanks so much for looking and I can't wait to see what you all come up with on this theme.
 
Do come back again soon.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

16 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous, but I've got to give my first mention to your third card... hand drawn!! Hand coloured background! Looking awesome! I think you're being too modest when you call it a "quickie", but either way I'm blown away. Love the distressed panel of your first card. It looks really atmospheric and spooky with those colours and the dangling spider. And I'm very envious of your fly stamp on the second card! It's quirky and cool and I didn't even know you could get them! Love the embossing over the wings too. I know what you mean about blobby pens. I had a disaster with a juicy Promarker the other day :( Glad your card pulled through okay! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you always manage to create so many cards, Sharon, so now that you have no guests I'll be expecting 10 each Saturday! hahahaa!
    Fabulous creations once again. Loving that background on your first, it looks great with the black images. And that fly is lovely (never thought I'd say those words lol!), the wings are great and you've chosen some great colours there. And well done on hand drawing your quickie card, you would never know. Great job xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following on from your comment, Sharon. With my Wink of Stella I hope for the best! I use a daylight lamp and my mobile phone to take my photos, I just try to angle the camera to pick up the sparkle. Shimmer seems to capture much better than glitter. Photography of glitter and metallics is the bane of my life! lol xx

      Delete
  3. These are just fab, Sharon! I love the background you have created on the first card - the colours and depth are really rich and perfect for your dandelion and spider. As Esther says, that fly stamp is just so cool and you have created fabulous shimmer with that embossing. Your hand doodled card really made me smile and the orange makes it pop. I hope you have lots of crafty fun this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are the best! Love that background you created on your first card...so beautiful. The card with the bugs is just beautiful, your colors are amazing. And you last card...just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Sharon and your spider is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon these are AWESOME! You totally rock with cards every week and even when you are busy seem to produce multiple fabulous ideas. Can't pick a favourite here, loving the depth of colour on the first one and the sneaky little spider handing from the dandelion head, I loved the 'caught a bug' card as soon as I saw it in gorgeous colours and shimmer, then you've just gone to the next level with your hand-drawn halloween beauty and cutie. Have a relaxed week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card... I love the spritzed background and clean stamped image - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and very stylish. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all three of your cards. The background on your first card is beautiful, the flies are so pretty on your 2nd card (not a word I would usually associate with flies!!) and how talented to hand draw your third card. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fabulous cards Sharon ! The background on your first card is just gorgeous ! I love the colors of your flies on the second card and the shimmer on them ! And the third card is just awesome and so well done.....hand drawn ! I love them all ! Thanks for sharing.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great cards here Sharon, love them all but that bright green on the first one is really awesome! Have to mention...sorry.....that your side bar has almost completely disappeared from sight now. I would make the main blog bit narrower.Let me know if you want help with a header and watermark too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about the sidebar Viv. I'm off out for the evening in a minute so will have to tackle reducing the blog post size sometime tomorrow. And....Thank you so much for your kind offers...I'll be in touch!!! :-) xx

      Delete
  12. What a cute card! I really love the sparkle embossing powder on the flies. Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps challenge.
    Sai

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again!
    Hugs
    Belinda
    belinda-lovestamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.