16 Nov 2016

Daffodil Thanks

Hello folks!
 
Have you heard?  There is a blog hop going on at Stamplorations to promote their new release of stamps all about being thankful. 

The Stamplorations girls and guests have some wonderful eye candy for you to look at. Some of the Less is More girls decided to join in too. I hope you will take a look at their cards (their links are on our challenge blog HERE)
 
I imagined that there would be a lot of warm autumn colours along the blog hop so I thought I would go with something a little more spring-like in beautiful zingy citrus colours for my thank you card.
 
Keeping in the "Less is More" tradition my card is a CAS card.

The Stamplorations 'Daffodil' clear stamp was heat embossed in WOW! Midas touch embossing glitter and then coloured with promarkers. It has a super shine but I couldn't capture that on my camera. I absolutely love working with this glorious flower. A little glossy accents was added in drops on the flower and leaves to represent some dew (brings to mind a beautiful spring morning, eh?) Once dry, the image was attached to the card blank and some green washi tape added to the bottom. An oval shape was die cut out of a piece of linen card and this was trimmed to size to be raised on 3d foam pads over the image. More washi tape was added to another small piece of card and then used to die cut the Die'Sire sentiment.

You can join in all the fun with the Stamplorations girls and guests too. All the information is in THIS POST. There are some fabulous prizes to be won.
 
http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2016/11/giving-thanks-blog-hop.html
 
Now....the next time I use this stamp I really MUST colour it as a narcissus!
 
Thanks so much for looking.
Hope you'll pop by again soon.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

3 comments:

  1. Good for you to represent springtime, Sharon! Your daffodil is a classic for spring and I love how you have colored and showcased it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card!!!
    LOVE the colours and colouring of your daffodil, LOVE your ELEGANT design too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.