Instagram

5 Nov 2016

Less is More # 301 - Purple and Gold


Hello!
Great to see you popping in again!

 Pull up a chair and a cuppa and let's introduce the next Less is More challenge.  But first.....

.... It's the first challenge of the month so that means we have a new sponsor for the November challenges

https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/


We also have lots of other news over at Less is More today so please head over for a look.
 
Ok, to the challenge.
The first week of each month is colour week and for the November colour challenge we'd like you to use
Purple and Gold

I'm sure this week there will be a lot of rich and luxurious cards in the gallery with this fantastic combination.

I have 3 really quick and easy cards for you this week.


1) Brusho Kings


I'd like to enter this into Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday

and The Merry Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas goes


Yes....they finally arrived! I have some brushos yippee! It would have been rude not to have a play with them, wouldn't it?

So a really simple and quick card to make.

Just mask off an asymmetric diagonal slice on a piece of watercolour card stock, sprinkle a tiny amount of violet brushos onto the visible area and spritz with water. 

It kind of reminded me of a beautiful universe type sky so I simply added some gold heat embossed wise men and left it at that. The wise men stamps are from an Inkadinkado set #99506 called O Holy Night.



2) Klimt Bauble

I'd like to pop this in at Paperminutes - circles

I bought a set of the Chocolate Baroque baubles stamps before they were discontinued. I know you can't get the full set now, but I think they do have a few Christmas sets that feature one bauble or another. 


Anyway, again another really quick and easy card to make.

Stamp the Klimt bauble onto purple paper and the bauble holder onto white card and heat emboss them with gold embossing powder.

Cut them out and glue the holder onto the bauble.

 Attach a tiny piece of gold tinsel ribbon to the bauble and the card.

Raise the bauble up with a 3d foam pad.




3) Fussy with Love

I'd like to pop this one in at The Mod Squad challenge - Go for the Gold

I went through a phase where I loved buying and using swirly stamps. To be honest, not many of them see the light of day now so I thought this colour combo would be a great chance to get one out.

I have a positive and a negative version of this card - because I love using this positive and negative stamping technique.

I used the Misti that I bought from Seven Hills Crafts to create this card to make sure my stamping lined up perfectly on the white and purple card stock.

Stamp the Anna Griffin swirl onto purple card 3 times (one above the other) and heat emboss with detail gold embossing powder. Do the same on a white card blank.

Cut the purple card through the centre of the swirl and adhere one side to the white card blank, lining the stamping up.

Heat emboss a small piece of white cardstock with the gold embossing powder and when cooled, die cut the sentiment and adhere it to the card.


Thank you so much for stopping by. Don't forget to check out the glorious designs of the rest of the design team HERE.

Hope to see you again soon
Hugs,
Sharon xx

PS. Don't forget to take a peek at our Less is More Facebook page!

21 comments:

  1. What a truly magical trio Sharon! Your brushos card is awesome and if that's a first attempt with those messy little blighters then you are a super talent. Your bauble card is another one with a big WOW and this colour combo certainly works for Chrismas doesn't it. Then your DT card - well what can I say apart from I've been swooning over it for weeks. Such a sophisticated and exotic combo. Great work teamie and have a lovely weekend. Hope the sun shines for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous Sharon! So pleased you have some Brushos and WOW you have totally rocked that card with them. I love the angled "swoosh" of the night sky and the elegant simplicity of the wise men in gold against it. Simply stunning. The Klimt bauble is classy and elegant and adding tinsel was genius - it looks so festive! And as for your third card, what can I say, I think it's amazing. I would never have thought of using my swirly stamps in that way and I definitely need to CASE this one in the future. Brilliant! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally squealed when I saw that swirly card on the DT blog and have been wondering how you made it - it looks amazing! All 3 designs are elegant and creative. This is a colour combo that definitely works for you! Have a great weekend, Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All really beautiful, love love the Anna griffin card, very clever use of stamp
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the gold cards here and you left the best for last. As i scrolled down, I think my mouth dropped. This is gorgeous and striking. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad this week.
    Barbara Mod Squad Host

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon.. fabulous trio of cards... I have some brusho somewhere, really should give it another fo

    so glad to be working with you on the team

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work with the Brushos gorgeous lush streak perfect foil for those noble wise men or kings. You LIM published card is gorgeous, elegant and stylish it is a stunning sample.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ! What a gorgeous array of cards ! Sharon you are always so creative ! I love all of them but my favourite one is your Fussy in love card ! What a wonder ! It was a great idea to get this swirly stamp out ! The combo gold + purple is made for it ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your card are so elegant and bold. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TMCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an elegant card!!! Love it!
    Thanks for playing paperminutes

    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all simply opulent Sharon, fabulous designs all of them!
    Thanks so much for all the support you give as part of the LIM team, I couldn't be leaving it in better hands!
    Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The last card is so simply STUNNING. I am so glad you explained how you achieved that beautiful look. I will be CASEing this for sure. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All gorgeous cards but the last one, with the swirl is an absolute stand-out. What a great technique. I hope you don't mind I've pinned it for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. All these cards are so pretty. Love all of them, especially the last one. It's so exquisite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm so late, Sharon. But what wonderful cards once again. You know I love that first one, such a clever way of using the Brusho colour, and the other two have such elegance xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Missed these earlier Sharon, oh my they are gorgeous too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Sharon ! I'm so happy your Fussy in Love card was chosen, it is so wonderful !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.