Instagram

19 Nov 2016

Less is More # 303 - Vintage

Hello to you!

It is so lovely to see you here today.
 
Have you had some good crafty time recently?  I am finding that my card making time is actually reduced at the moment. You see I'm knitting like crazy to get a whole load of Shhhhhhhh! (Christmas) presents finished for my grandchildren and step-grandchildren. Might just finish it all before I fly home to see them ..... if I get a wriggle on.
 
So, only 2 cards from me again today for the new
where the theme is
Vintage


1) A Vintage Wine

Well, I have uncovered a serious hole in my crafting stash... I do not have a single bottle of decent sized wine anywhere ( wine bottle stamp that is...there are plenty of decent size wine bottles in the wine cooler in the house! Hee hee!) I have loads of stamps with champagne glasses, but no wine! I so wanted to do a vintage wine bottle but all I spotted was that teeny-tiny one I've used as an embellishment.
 
These are actually NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) stamps and I have had them for years! Shame on me.

In alphabetical order, I'd like to enter this into:
Cardz 4 Guys - #146 Reindeer
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Santa and/or Elf
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - # 390 Christmas
Everybody Art Challenge - #389 Santa
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Christmas Critters --- I may be pushing it a bit with this one, but there is a reindeer on the card! Let me know if I've overstepped the boundaries girls.



The sentiment was created on the PC using Chrissie's trick of sizing the page to 100% on the PC,  then holding my circle die up to the PC I managed to get the text to go around it and print out the correct size for the aperture. Next the aperture was cut out. The images from Katy Sue Designs Santa and Pals stampset were stamped onto a separate sheet that was attached inside the card. They are coloured with ordinary coloured pencils ( a set of 36 that I bought from WH Smiths). The wine bottle comes from Katy Sue Designs Christmas Spirit stampset.


2) Vintage Anniversary


The first idea that popped into my head for this challenge was to use an image of a vintage car or vintage plane.

I'd like to enter this into:
Oh La La Creations Challenge - #217 Vintage


The blue car is from Creative Expressions Timeless Journey stamped in Versacolour 19 Cyan. The pink car is from Habico vintage transport stamped in Versacolour 33 Pink. The sentiment is made up from 2 sets from Die'Sire.  It has all been matted onto pink then a blue card blank.


Before I go I need to say WELCOME to a couple of new followers. Thank you so much for choosing to follow me; it is lovely to have you on board!

Also, a BIG THANKS to:
Cards In Envy - for picking my purple and green card as one of your favourites
The Mod Squad - for picking my purple and gold card as one of your top three
I am very honoured.
 
And FINALLY - don't forget to visit my fellow teamies. They have some fantastic inspiration for you for this vintage challenge on the LIM blog HERE

Thank you for looking.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR November challenge, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards Sharon! The wine one did make me laugh... I agree! Or if not vintage, definitely some Merlot or Shiraz... mmmm. Love the idea of the two cars romantically positioned next to each other on the anniversary card, and the pink and blue contrast. Great design idea! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course - I never put the vintage theme together with wine! Love your fun first card, Sharon, it really made me smile :) The blue and pink vintage vehicles in the second card are such a great idea for the anniversary card and it is fun to see the vintage images in unexpected colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards and nice to see you at OLL with this wonderful creation. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OLL. Lynn x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for an anniversary card.....the pink and blue vintage cars!!! Thank you for joining in our challenge at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I was just admiring this on today's LIM post, and then I popped my Cardz 4 Guyz DT hat on and hey presto, there it is in the gallery. I love your Santa and reindeer card - I didn't know the images were available as stamps. I have them on a really fun CD that I love, but stamps would be even more versatile for fab cards like this
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. More fab cards here Sharon, just love the first one esp...made me smile ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. REALLY awesome designs, Sharon! Love the window with the images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas Critters” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards Sharon, great colours and designs.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute card thank you for joining us at C4Guyz DT- Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that our challenge themes take us in different directions. I love the santa and rudolph stamp, I don't have any comical images like this, and the sentiment looks great around the aperture. Fabulous anniversary card too, you would never know those car stamps were from different sets, they work brilliantly together xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just brilliant and really made me chuckle! Great image and that sentiment is perfect! Thank you so much for entering the Christmas Cards All Year Round (Use a Santa and/or elf) Challenge this month, lots of luck and I hope we see you again very soon. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great creations!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.