Instagram

26 Nov 2016

Less is More 304 - Emboss Resist

Hello again.

Great to see you here.
 
It's time to introduce another of our
and this week is recipe week and our recipe is

Emboss Resist.
 
A lovely easy one for you all to join in with and I can't wait to see what you come up with.
 
I'm still knitting away like crazy....3 presents done and 2 more still to go, so once again only 2 cards from me this week.

1) Peace, Hope & Joy multiple emboss resist


This card shows off the emboss resist technique being used multiple times. The important thing is to make sure each layer is dry before you start the next layer.

I'd like to pop this in at:
Make My Monday - CAS Christmas (a new challenge for me)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Trio-Tastic (3 word stamps used - Peace, Joy and Hope)
Use your stuff Challenge - Chipboard - the angel on my card (this is another new challenge blog for me)

All stamps used are from ClarityStamps.  Clear heat emboss the 'Peace' stamp onto the white card stock. Next cover the card with mustard seed distress ink and dry it. Stamp and clear heat emboss the 'Hope' stamp. Cover the card with spiced marmalade distress ink and dry it. Clear heat emboss the 'Joy' stamp. Cover the card with fired brick distress ink. Using a paper towel wipe over the panel to remove any residue ink from the embossed words. Mat onto gold card, raise onto 3d foam and add a small wooden chipboard angel.

 

2) Peacock Birthday


I actually made this card 2 months ago but have not blogged it yet. You see I did one of those boo-boos - I made it for the Peacock colours challenge we did at the beginning of September .... forgetting it was a colour challenge!! Doh!
So glad I held on to it because it fits the emboss resist theme perfectly.

I'd like to pop this one in at:
 Crafty Cardmakers - Embossing (they are also having a DT call if any of you are interested)
Get Creative Challenge - Birthday (They are celebrating their 2 year blogoversary - Congratulations!)

Clear heat emboss the My Paperworld Stamp from the peacock feather set. Blend distress inks over the heat embossed image (mustard seed, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry). Use the spritz n flick technique with water to create the droplets. Edge the panel with walnut stain DI and add a little faux stitching with walnut stain distress marker. Use the same treatment on the sentiment panel. raise both on 3d foam pads.I even decorated the inside of this card. The sentiments are from Happy Little Stampers and Papertry Inc.



Before I go I need to say  a BIG THANKS to Cardz 4 Guys challenge for picking my Santa & reindeer card in your top 3.  I am very honoured.
 
And FINALLY - don't forget to visit my fellow teamies. They have some fantastic inspiration for you for this emboss resist challenge on the LIM blog HERE

Thank you for looking.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

18 comments:

  1. These are so fab! Loving the bright, warm colour vibe. Using multiple emboss resists on the first card has given such an impressive results, really eye catching. And I'm thrilled you found a week for your gorgeous peacock feather card! I love the effect of the inking and splatters, and that inside is fab too! Beautiful. Have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards, Sharon. I love the layered emboss resist technique and in these colours it looks fantastic! And so glad you've shared your peacock card, perfect for this challenge and so beautiful too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning Sharon! Oozing those warm glowing colours of the Mediterranean and showcasing the technique so beautifully. Love the multi layered resist effect, that's so neat and glad you managed to use the peacock card this week too... Nothing like being organised well in advance eh!!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fabulous creations! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at *Use Your Stuff*!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! The peacock feather is fantastic in these warm, rich colours and I love that you've done the inside of the card too! I do like the way you've used the resist technique on your first card - such a fun way of creating layers. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fab, Sharon! That multiple resist technique is so clever - I have not tried that before and I love the warm, rich colours against the white embossed feather :) Good luck with the Christmas knitting x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Original creation. Love it
    Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff Challenge
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the bright colors. So striking! Terrific inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is simple byt very beautiful, love the wood addition! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon SAys Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at crafty cardmakers this time - what a lovely card! I love the resist technique - so effective!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fantastic cards. I absolutely love the feather and those blended colours are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, beautiful cards, love the embossing on the Peacock Birthday Card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Glenda
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Sharon ! I love the warm colours you chose ! My favorite one is the feather one, it is so delicate and your background is so amazing ! And it is as gorgeous on the front as inside ! Thanks for sharing.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. The gorgeous feather looks so good on that beautiful background. I like how you made the sentiment and decorated the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your emboss resist is great. Love all the colors you achieved by varying the laying down of color and embossing. So glad you played with us at Make My Monday!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.