10 Dec 2016

Less is More # 306 - Outlines

Good Morning!
 
Crikey, the holiday season is definitely on us now and I'm sure you are all busy, busy, busy!  Hope you are all on track with your preparations.

I had ordered a couple of Christmas stamps to help make my DT inspiration for Less is More this week, but (hopefully it is just due to the Christmas post and nothing more sinister) neither of them have turned up yet! Ah well, such is life. Maybe I will be able to use them next year.

So, only the one card from me, with a photo tutorial on how it was made.

It is ONE LAYER WEEK over at
Less is More
and the theme for the one layer is
Outlines.
 
I know that you all think I have cheated this week.....but I haven't!

This really is a one layer card. 
Yup, one piece of card, folded in half and nothing else added!

I was so blown away with THIS CARD by Ma-Mi that I had to try it out and CASe the design. I'm not sure I made it the same way that she did, but it looks pretty close.

I'd like to enter this into:
Crafting with an attitude - Anything goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesdays - Celebrate

 
 
 

Here is my photo tutorial.

 
First, mask off a Kraft card blank (one piece of card folded in half) with post-it notes so that only the outside edges of the card show.
 

Then ink around the edges with gathered twigs distress ink. When finished, remove the post its, check that all the edges are crisp and if any are not (like the top left corner on mine) put the post it back and re-do that one piece
 
Using a ruler and the gathered twigs distress marker doodle a stitched border.
 
 Next stamp the image in gathered twigs distress ink. This one comes from the Unico stamp set Pure Florals Cosmos.
 
 
As our challenge theme is 'outlines' I decided to not colour anywhere inside the image. Instead I took a white polychromo pencil and highlighted around the outside.
 
To finish stamp the sentiment in gathered twigs distress ink. It is from Unico stamp set Simply Said Birthday.
 
and Voila! a trick of the eye on a one layer card. 




Well, I can't wait to see what you all come up with this week.
 
Don't forget to check out the awesome inspiration of the rest of the design team HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by and see you again soon.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

13 comments:

  1. This looks so effective, Sharon - love the layers and the white outline around the flowers. The faux stitching is a perfect finishing touch! I hope you have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kraft card...great idea. I always forget you can use it and still achieve "white space." Thanks for the inspiration with your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A reallylovely project with interesting ideas

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, you did have me fooled at first Sharon ... thought you'd slipped up on the OLC but NO just one fab technique and super impressive tutorial and love how you've used your Uniko florals. Have a fun week, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job with the dimension of this one layer card. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So eye catching, and it really looks layered! What a fabulous effect! I love the additional detail of the stitched line, and the shading outside the flower for depth. Truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning effect, Sharon, and one I definitely need to try next time I'm using a coloured or kraft base. I love the faux stitching and the halo around the flowers, beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great effect... and i was fooled as well

    jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant effect and gorgeous simple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovey card and step by step details. Thank you for sharing with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and really fab technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe your card is a faux one layer design..so pretty and clever. Love how your pencil highlights adds depth to your flower. TFS Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.