17 Dec 2016

Less is More 307 & 308 - Children

Hi there,

How are your preparations coming along?

Well it is a massive 'Phew!'  from me! I am in the UK for a couple of days when this goes live (please Mr Blogger, don't play up!) getting to see my grandchildren before Christmas. Maybe there will even be a little bit of pre-Christmas spoiling. We'll see. Then, once I head back to Portugal, all further DT card making will be forgotten for a few days while I prepare the house (and baking) for our friends and daughter who will be staying with us over the Christmas period. Can't wait!

Anyhow, our challenge at Less is More is going to run for the next two weeks, so you will all have a little break too.

It's theme week and the subject is
CHILDREN

My fellow team mates have worked their incredible magic as usual so please remember to head over to look at their inspiration HERE and there is usually a little more inspiration on their personal blogs too.

 

1) Merry flippin' Christmas


I just adore this LOTV image. She always makes me smile and reminds me of how children view the world as 'so unfair' if they do not get what they want.
She is such a little beauty, isn't she? 
 
Ha Ha! I wonder if there will be a few kiddies like this on Christmas day?





This was really easy to make. The image was stamped onto watercolour card and coloured in with distress markers. A die cut Die'Sire sentiment was used and some stardust stickles added to the tiara and the net underskirt for a bit of Christmassy dazzle. I love the way her skirt almost looks textured. It isn't. All I did was scribbles and spots with different coloured pens and that was the result.
 
I'd like to pop that one in at (in alphabetical order):
AAA Cards - Christmas
Inky Chicks - Christmas card in traditional colours
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Gift it
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Unicorn Challenge - add some glitter (on tiara and underskirt)


2) Happy Birthday Gorjuss!


Here's another 'older' stamp which had to get another outing for this children theme.

Again, really easy to make this card.
The Gorjuss Girl image was stamped onto card, coloured with promarkers and fussy cut. The background is a piece of smooshed and spritzed card that I had lying around. The sentiment is from Die'Sire.

Well, it just remains for me to wish you all
A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog this year, you are very much appreciated.

I may post an odd card between now and the new year, but if I don't manage that, I'll be back on 31st December with the next LIM cards.

Thanks for looking
Merry Christmas,
Sharon xx

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sharon thank you for joining us over on
    Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge
    Dianne xx
    HJCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these Sharon! The girl in the first card is so funny and cute with that attitude, and as for the second card, who doesn't love a bit of Gorjuss?! Loving the ink smooshed background too with the warm, bright colours <3 Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card [ the one with the girl with attitude] really made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the girl on your first card, Sharon - she looks fabulous and the colouring is brilliant. The orange shades on your gorjuss card are beautifully rich. I hope you enjoy spoiling the grandkids and celebrating Christmas with family over the next few weeks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first card is perfection. I think her feelings are pretty darn apparent, LOL. I had to enlarge your skirt to take in all the texture you achieved - wonderful! Enjoy your trip and thanks for taking the time to share with us at Tuesday Throwdown's Anything Goes challenge this week. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to laugh at the first card. I have not seen that image before and it is TOTALLY me when I was little. At my 6th birthday party, in front of all my friends and relatives I refused to thank my aunt for her gift which was a pair of BROWN AND WHITE striped shorts. Now, who in the world would want or LIKE brown and white shorts, especially if you are 6 years old!!!! Well, since I wouldn't thank my aunt, my mom took me aside and let me know that a spatula is not just for turning pancakes!!! That was her favorite spanking equipment and she was very proficient at using it for both purposes. I learned that you can say Thank You but you don't have to say I like it. LOL This card brought back some fond(?) memories -- lets say more than 65 year old memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb coloring on that first card, Sharon. Wow! Great use of those distress markers. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are adorable! I especially love the first one where the girl is kicking her Christmas present! It reminds me of my daughter! LOL!! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at Unicorn Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fantastic cards Sharon. The girl in the first one certainly has attitude. Brilliant colouring and design and love the second more angelic card equally. Perfect for our kiddy challenge. Have a wonderful Christmas and thanks for all your help. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear She has issues TFS Unicorn Ch ...........Lis MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon the little girl is priceless! Could you please tell me the name of the stamp have looked and looked and can not find it on LOTV site? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, the image is an old one so may not be in the current Lily of the Valley catalogue. It's name is "It's my party". I do hope you track it down as it is a beauty to colour and always makes people smile xx

      Delete
    2. Have just seen you can only get it in digi format now. Here is the link.
      http://www.liliofthevalley.co.uk/acatalog/It-s-My-Party.html

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful card.
    The card also fits our challenge at the Sweet Stampers, a new challenge blog.
    I hope to see you.
    http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute!! Thank you for sharing with at AAA cards! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and yes the skirt looks beautiful and textured. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your cards are adorable!. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I'm so late, Sharon, the Christmas lead up was a bit nuts!
    Loving both of these, I think my mum would probably say that was me in the first one, I was a right stubborn little madam apparently! lol And I love the warm sunny colours on your second card, really sweet. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and I'm looking forward to working with you again next year xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.