Instagram

31 Dec 2016

Less is More # 309 - Dimension

Hello there!
 
How was your Christmas? 
 
 Full of fun, family, friends and laughter I hope. I've been super busy all through the holiday season with the friends and family we've had in our house, but what fun we've had!
 
And now the new year is already upon us. So on this New Year's Eve I wish ....
A Very Happy New Year to you all!
 
After our little crafting break we're back at Less is More with a new challenge and the recipe we've chosen is:
Dimension
 
Well, I had lots of ideas for this but have only managed the one card due to lack of time in my craft room, but if you hop over to the challenge blog (and also on to my teamies personal blogs) you'll find loads of fun inspiration for this theme.
 
Sandie of London Days is joining us as a guest designer this week so I hope you will hop over to see her too and leave her some love.

Dinosaur Fun


There's nothing like a piece of chipboard to give you some dimension, is there?
 
I picked up a pack of these little chipboard dinosaurs in what would be the Portuguese equivalent of a 'pound shop' or 'dime store'.  I think they work great for boy's cards.
 
The dinosaur was distressed with peeled paint and forest moss distress inks. The background stamp is a clear stamp that looks like a cheetah print pattern and I am afraid that I cannot remember which company it is by now. It was stamped in peeled paint. I die cut the Die'Sire sentiment 3 times and stuck all 3 layers together to add a little more dimension to the card.
 
I promise that normal service will be resumed here next week. 
 
Happy New Year
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love that dinosaur - great way to add dimension - and the background stamping goes brilliantly with him. Happy New year Sharon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a brilliant effect on the dinosaur, Sharon - love the green tones. My boys love the Jurassic films so this would be a sure fire hit with them! Glad to hear that you have had a good festive season - best wishes for a fab new year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb way to show dimension. Thank you so much for including me in your post, very happy to join you all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card. Who doesn't like dinosaurs! Hope you have a wonderful 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply wonderful Sharon and what a brilliant 'cheap' buy! Love how you've created the perfect 'grungy' colour for the dinosaur and fantastic dimensional idea too. Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, love the colour of that cool dinosaur, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card...love the dinosaur...my grandson would really love it! I love the stacked sentiment too...that must have taken a bit of time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made it to you eventually, Sharon!
    And what a great card for the lads. I have nothing like this in my stash, I really must keep a look out when I'm out and about for things like this, fab dimension xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Sharon, I really must try and join with LIM ... my cards always seem too fussy .. need to take a leaf out of your book eh?
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.