14 Jan 2017

Less is More # 311 - OLC - Favourite Drink

Hi there LIMettes,
 
Are you ready for another Clean and Simple challenge at Less is More?  I do hope so.
 
It's week 2 of the month so we are on the good old ONE LAYER week.
 
The theme we've chosen is
Favourite Drink
Now, that can be alcoholic or not!
 
So, once again I realised that I have a lack of stamps and images for this challenge but I did manage to track down a couple. 
I was a little strapped for time this week too (more about that later) so my cards are incredibly simple and easy to make.

1) A good old cuppa!


Being British this really is one of my absolute favourite drinks! I love all kinds of tea.... black, herbal, green, good old Yorkshire or English Breakfast....you can't go wrong with one of those! Not sure what I will use this card for though. Hmmmm, maybe I should introduce one of my Portuguese friends to the delights of afternoon tea complete with crustless sandwiches, scones and tiny cream cakes? My mouth is watering at the thought.

This is a set of digi images that I got years ago from Tiffany Doodles (not sure if they are still trading).  I don't normally use digis but I had fun with this one. The images were coloured in with distress markers and finished with glossy accents.
 
I'd like to pop that one in at:
Crafting by Designs - Inspired by a movie - doesn't that image look like Mrs Potts and Chip from Beauty and the Beast? 
Digi Chooseday Craft Challenge - Anything goes (using a digi image)


2) Lovely bubbly

And for the alcoholic side, I've gone for some lovely bubbly champagne.


 
For this card everything was stamped in clear versamark and Stampendous Detail Gold embossing powder.  Stamps used: Nellie Snellon Clear Stamp Christmas Time #CT007, Happy Little Stampers Bold Birthday Sentiments. The gold line was created by masking the card and swiping with versamark before heat embossing.
 
I'd like to enter that one in at:
Crafting from the heart - Anything goes
Incywincy designs - Celebrate (a second entry from me)
 
 
Do take a look at the fabulous designs my LIM team mates have come up with this week by clicking HERE.
 
Well, I must be off; things to do! These are not really new year's resolutions; they are just descisions that I've made.
  • Firstly, I've decided that I really must get better at keeping on top of cleaning the house this year, so as I have two and a half months before people descend on us again for St Patrick's day, I am determined to get myself into some regular cleaning routines. That actually means cleaning, decluttering and organising everything as well as making routines to keep on top of it all.  So far, I have a daily routine that is starting to come together and already I am beginning to feel as though I have a teeny bit more 'me' time in the day. Bonus!
  • Secondly, I MUST lose some weight. I lost over 8kg last year with the goal of not being too large at my daughters wedding...but I have put it all back on in the last 6 months of the year. Secretly I think it is down to letting my hubby do a fair bit of cooking and he does love his bread, butter, cream, oil....you get the picture? So I have menus and meals to prep to keep me on track.
  • Then, I want to get all the birthday cards made and organised for the whole year to save all the last minute panicking I had last year.  I need to post them a week in advance to be sure they get to the person in time so it was a mad dash when I realised birthdays were exactly a week away last year.
  • Finally, I am squeezing in some technical stuff behind the scenes.
 
Well, early retirement sure is busy!
Have I taken on too much?
Probably in the short term, but I'm focussed on all the benefits I should reap later in the year.

Hugs,
Sharon xx






14 comments:

  1. These are so different and equally brilliant, Sharon! I love that cute digi and the champagne looks so elegant against the dark card base. Fab inspiration for our challenge this week. I hope that your plan to get organised works out - what a great feeling to have a tidy house and cards ready to send :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you sound busy! Your cards are just perfect inspiration for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love the gold embossing on black. So striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining in at Crafting From the Heart.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. two adorable cards as ever Sharon and that digi teapot and cup set are just so sweet with their fun little faces. Beautifully done and I think it's a great idea to introduce the Afternoon Tea treat in Portugal too! Brilliant crisp embossing on the second one and the masked stripe is simply perfect. Love them both. Have a good week and don't work too hard eh! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your two cards are fabulous Sharon! You're absolutely right, my first thought when I saw your first card was for the movie Beauty and the Beast! Your second card is also beautiful, I love golden embossing on the black background, it is the perfect combo to represent champagne and its fine bubbles! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring and good luck for all your busy decisions !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first card is really sweet. Your second one is eye catching in black and gold. This design would be suitable for many an occasion, from birthdays and anniversaries to new year's wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sweet, thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Digi Choosday, Julie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fab cards Sharon! The teapot and cup are so sweet, and I love the sophisticated black and gold of the champagne one. Good luck with your 'not resolutions' which all sound very worthwhile - I'm sure you'll be enjoying the wellbeing payback soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards, Sharon. Loving your cutesie teapot design, so sweet. And your super classy black and gold creation, so stylish with the vertical strip that just belongs there.
    Good luck with your plans, you sound very similar to me. At the decluttering stage then want to get a weekly routine set up so I never get in this state again. Only have the evenings so the plan will be to put aside half an hour when I first get home from work to tackle each room. As for the weight loss, that's my plan every flaming year, hopefully it will happen soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs, Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute little tea pot and cup, Sharon, fabulous against all that white space ... a yummy champagne, the black and gold are such a stylish combination! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards again Sharon,love them both equally! Like the sound of your resolutions,I have a cleaning routine and it helps me.I intend to lose weight,decluttering is on my list too lol.hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.