Instagram

4 Mar 2017

Less is More # 318 - Mainly Teal



Well hello! How wonderful to see you. Hope you are well and enjoying your weekend. Did you join in the birthday month celebrations with us at Less is More? If you did, stay tuned to the challenge blog because a little birdie told me that the winners will be announced in a few days time!

So, welcome to the beautiful month of March! Our first challenge at LIM is the good old colour challenge

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/

and as it is a new month we have a new sponsor

http://www.diestodiefor.com/
 
AND we also are joined by Elaine from Crafteplace who is our guest designer this week. Do pop over to see her as she is a talented lady and you will not be disappointed with her cards, and remember to leave her some <3 too. She has made a beautiful card for us.
 
I have 2 cards to share today.


1) Special Friend


I made an octagon card a few weeks ago when I was guest designer for AAA cards (here's the LINK). I really loved the way that shaped card looked so I have made another one today and swapped the focal point over to the other side.


STAMPS: Chocolate Baroque Woodland Dreams
DISTRESS STAINS: peacock feathers, wilted violet, mowed lawn
OTHER: WOW! bright opaque white embossing powder, Versamark clear ink, Tattered Angels glimmer mist in marshmallow, tiny gems, watercolour paper, linen card

With this card I'd like to head over to the following challenges:
Cards Und More #179 - Friendship
Case this sketch #211

Time Out challenge #78 - Love and friendship (optional to spotlight stamp - but I passed on that) It's their 3rd birthday - happy birthday ladies and may there be many more!

 

2) Teal Thanks


Here I've stamped onto the card blank to add interest around the edge of the card.

I made this before I started the Daily Marker 30 day colouring challenge - I think perhaps my colouring may have improved a lot in only 3 days! My colouring challenge efforts can be see on my Instagram or pintrest accounts (links in the sidebar)


STAMPS: Papermania Everyday Assortment mini stamps PMA907003
INKS: Adirondack stream
OTHER: Peacock feathers distress marker, Spectrum Noir pencil 062, teal and white card, 3dfoam tape, pearl brad.

I'd like to enter this in at
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Little Red Wagon # 383 - March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Tags

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, thank you so much for popping over here today, I enjoyed your visit! Don't forget to head over to the challenge blog to see what my other team mates have been up to by clicking HERE.

Hope to see you again real soon! Take care and have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

15 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards! Your first one is amazing - so vibrant and I love the pop of wilted violet!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Sharon you are rocking the teal! The first card is so full of wonderful teal colour combos with a pop of a few extra gorgeous colours. What a brilliant effect those stains make and great to see you using that stunning hexagonal shape again. I don't think you've any issues with colour on that second one, gorgeous tones and shading and another beautiful example of teal. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, Sharon! I love those stylised trees and the octagonal card shape makes an eye catching design. Your tag is gorgeous too with the hint of pattern around the outside. Have a fabulous weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. Lovely designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both wonderful. Love the focus on teal. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning both of them. The first one is so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! My eyes are practically popping out at your first card - I LOVE love love the idea of using an octagon shape for the card, and the stamping and ink smooshing look incredible! So gorgeous! Not to leave out your second card either, because that is sooooo lovely with the delicate flower on the tag and the subtle background stamping behind the panel. It's a design that really suits the teal colour and looks fab! Hope you're having a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your take on the sketch, and the octagon shape--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous twosome, Sharon. Love those trees on your first card and those three colours are delicious together! And I really do love the stamped border on your second, with the central white space, wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you designed with a tag, and that aqua/teal color is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both your cards are so beautiful! I love tp see what you make each week for LIM! And that you joined us with my favorite of these at our third Birthdayparty at TIME OUT is great! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first card is a stunner!


    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Sharon ! This first card is really eye-catching ! And the addition of the purple makes the teal even more popped up ! Your second card is so delicate with this gorgeous flower on the tag ! And I love the layout of this card ! I never think to make a card with a tag, I should since the result is awesome ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Card und More :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so gorgeous, Sharon! I saw your winning card at Cards und More and had to come by and congratulate you and say how strikingly incredible your creation is! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.