Instagram

11 Mar 2017

Less is More #319 - OLC Leaves



Well hello there!
 Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm here to share the next Less is More challenge today and .....
.....YAY!!! it is the dreaded one layer week. Not so dreaded any more because you all rock those weeks!

My fellow teamies have some amazing cards on the challenge blog today, and no doubt a few of them will have some additional inspiration on their personal blogs too so I do urge you to visit them.

Anyway, this week we want to see One Layer CAS Cards with a theme of leaves.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have 3 cards to share:
 

1) Awesome Birthday

 
I wanted to do something a little dramatic from the colour perspective with, hopefully, some impact. So using my favourite techniques for one layer cards I did some masking, heat embossing and sponging and I came up with this card. I adore just how black that black soot marker is! 
 
Did you spot my usual boo-boo? Yes, I got a tiny smudge of the green ink on the inside of the card and had to make a 'feature' of it by inking a band all round the inside again. Note to self - put a large piece of paper inside the card when sponging in future.
 
STAMPS: Clarity Stamps leaves and Happy Little Stampers everyday sentiments
DISTRESS INKS: twisted citron, mustard seeds, hickory smoke 
OTHER: Detail Silver embossing powder, versamark clear ink,masking tape (to create the band), black soot distress marker (I love how this gives a 'true' black colour!), white linen card
 
I'd like to pop this in at
Stampin' Royalty #364 - Favourite Technique
The Crafty Addicts #34 - Clean and Simple
Cardz 4 Guys #160 - Clean and Simple (CAS)

 

2) Birthday greenery


Sticking with the green theme, this time using 2nd and 3rd generation stamping with a bit of dimension paste for the sentiment.

STAMPS: Lavinia stamps Vine
STENCIL: Sweet Poppy Happy Birthday
INKS: Adirondack in Juniper and Meadow
OTHER: Sweet Poppy Silver dimension paste, stardust stickles, square super smooth white card blank

This card is for:
Creative Knockouts #184 - Lots of Green
Cards In Envy - Keep it Simple
Crafty Cardmakers #183 - Go Green

3) Pink Leaves


So, here I am pushing the boundaries again. Who says that leaves can't be white against a pink background? This card uses the emboss resist technique on the leaves and a tiny mask over the sentiment when sponging. I'm a bit disappointed that the pink pearls I added look so much darker in the photograph than they are in real life. Hey Ho! need to improve those photography skills - I'll add it to my ever growing 'to-do' list ;-)


STAMPS: Penny Black Trims, Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash set (sentiment)
INKS: Versamark Clear, Distress Ink Spun Sugar
EMBOSSING POWDER: Stampendous clear and detail gold
OTHER: seed beads, linen card, post-it for masking

With this card I'm heading over to:
CAS(E) this sketch #212 - I mirror imaged the sketch


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do hope you find time to join us this week and thank you so much for stopping by today.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

21 comments:

  1. These are amazing, Sharon! I can't believe how effective that band of black looks with the embossed leaves - so rich and dramatic. The soft generational stamping on your second card gives such a dreamy look and then the pop of pink on the final card is a great example of using non traditional colours to create elegant foliage! Great ideas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! WOW to the dramatic black and greens on the first card - absolutely phenomenal! I love the second and third generation stamping on the second card which gives so much depth and atmosphere <3 And the pink and white card is so pretty... such a fab idea to ink the background and let the leaves pop against that! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, wow, Sharon! I love anything with trees and leaves and I'm so in love with the designs you've created for the challenge! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Lovely the clean crisp look of it. Thanks so much for sharing with us
    http://creativeknockouts.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm literally blown away by all these stunning leaf ideas Sharon. The first one is just CAS brilliance yet so much gorgeous detail. Those leaves certainly pop against that black. Love the 2nd & 3rd generation stamping - that always looks fab when other folks do it but pants when I try! The luscious pretty pink one ... I wondered where that one had disappeared to. A striking and feminine take on leaves. Have a fun week and hope all is well. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trio of gorgeousness, Sharon. The black on your first card is so dramatic and I love the silver with the green. I used to make the same boob when blending so now I just score my card base but don't fold it until I've finished...so much easier! Can you believe I had that very Lavinia stamp in my hand at the show last month and didn't buy it, I now wish I had because it looks gorgeous multi stamped like this. And that dimension paste looks fabulous. And your pretty in pink design is beautiful, I love working with spun sugar as it's the only colour that builds really gradually so I don't end up with a big splodge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful cards.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the second card, it looks very elegant!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Go Green' challenge. Hope to see you again next time! Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are all beautiful. I gotta try the masking and sponging technique--your leaves have some much lovely dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your leafy card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three really different and beautiful cards. I thought you had used black card for the first one - the black soot ink effect is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An awesome leaf card, loving your black background, so striking. So pleased you shared with us at Cardz 4 Guyz Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creations, beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Creative Knockouts
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Season’s Greetings Christmas Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love your first card! The colors are fabulous and the black background makes everything just pop off the card! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. As usual, 3 fabulous cards Sharon ! How did you do this black background stripe on your first card ? It is so neat ! I love how the leaves pop up on this background ! Your sponging is just amazing ! What a fabulous card using 2nd and 3rd generation stamping, I never think of it, but I should because the result is so gorgeous ! And you're right, the good thing with the cards is that we can change the "normal way" and play with the colours ! Your third card is so delicate with this soft pink ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three amazing cards here Sharon, thanks again for yet more inspiration again ;)hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful birthday cards Sharon. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. great batch of cards!!! love the colors used!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love what you did with this card, and all the rest!! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.