Instagram

18 Mar 2017

Less is More # 320 - Washi Tape

Hi there,

I've got a really short post for you today as I have a house full of guests who came over to celebrate St Patrick's day over here. That means crafting time has been at a premium so just the one card from me today.

We're onto the March theme week at Less is More and we want to see you use some washi tape on your creations.  I had high hopes of making my own washi tape for this challenge but that just wasn't to be this time around.

This card was made by adding washi tape to the outside edges of the card blank. Then the same washi tape was added to some card and the sentiment was die cut. It was finished by inking the spoldges through a stencil, stamping the remaining part of the sentiment and doodling a border on the raised panel.


DIE: Altenew Halftone Hello
STAMP: Altenew Halftone Hello
STENCIL: ARTplorations art splatter stencil
INKS: Distress Ink Peacock Feathers
OTHER: White Linen Card, black card, 3d foam tape, peacock feathers distress marker, corner rounder punch

I'd like to pop this one in at:
Creative Moments #113 - Anything goes with a twist of winter blies
Cards In Envy - Keep it Simple

Please hop over to the Less is More challenge blog as my fellow teammates have created some beautiful cards for this challenge and I bet that most of them will have more inspiration on their personal blogs too.

It was lovely to see you here today and I do hope you get a chance to join in with us this week.

See you soon

Hugs,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

  1. great looking card...love the doodling!
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Sharon! Love that washi and the die cut sentiment looks great in the way that it matches the border. I love the crisp blue and white combo too. I hope you enjoy having visitors over and have a wonderful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gleaming, striking and absolutely gorgeous Sharon. I see no lines on your die-cut sentiment at all and love those splatters behind. Have a great weekend and hope you get some down time too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the washi tape on your lettering. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully CAS and I like how you used the washi tape for the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this - using washi tape all round as the border was a brilliant idea as it really looks like an expensive layer of DP! The matching sentiment is very stylish and just softened by the "splodges". Loving the doodled border too! Hope you enjoyed your guests and had a fab time! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous simple card! I love that blue! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing card!!! LOVE this!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever Sharon,and so elegant and CAS at the same time too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.