Instagram

25 Mar 2017

Less is More # 321 - Use a frame



Well hello there!  Are you well?

Are you ready for another Less is More Challenge?  It's recipe week this week and our recipe is sure to get your creative juices going.



I'm back to 3 cards to share this week.

We have another amazing guest designer with us this week - it is Nonnie from Nonni's Handmade Cards. She has made a beautiful card so please pop over to her blog to leave some love for her.

The rest of the LIM DT have made some beauties too so please visit them and the challenge blog for lots of inspiration.

1) Relax!


I am a complete terror with my family because I have such a warped sense of humour. I just cannot resist a cheeky sentiment so when I spotted set that this sentiment came from I just HAD to have it. This is a tame sentiment but I can guarantee I will have years of fun with the rest of those stamps ;-)


STAMPS:Hero Arts Irreverent birthday messages
DISTRESS INKS: Peacock feathers, shaded lilac - my favourites!
DIES: MFT Inside out stitch rectangles, Sizzix Thinlets (Tim Holtz) Mix Media Halloween
OTHER: Linen card, matt black card, 3d foam pads, Versamark clear ink, WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder

With this one I'm heading over to:
Addicted to stamps and more! #234 - Clean and Simple
Fairy Tale Challenge #164 - Favourite colour combo - anyone that knows me knows I adore those two background colours together
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Use more than one die or punch - 3 dies used

2) Metal frame


I have had some of these vintage metal frames in my crafty stash since practically the dawn of time! So it was great to get one out and actually use it.


STAMPS: Anna Griffin swirl, Cadence lace flower and WOW! Just sayin' sentiment.
DISTRESS INKS: Brushed corduroy, vintage photo
OTHER INKS: Versafine vintage sepia, Versacolour ultimate pigment ink in white
OTHER: Docrafts Chronology frame, White pearls, White linen card Kraft card, 3d foam pads, small piece of smooshed card

I'd like to pop this one in at Create and Makes #9 - Vintage

3) Mix Media card


I fancied doing a 'mixed media look' card for this challenge. This one does have a few more layers and embellishments than usual but as they are contained in one corner it helps to keep that CAS look.  I'm really pleased that for once my camera picked up all the lovely sparkle and shine from the dimension paste and glitter.

LEAF STAMPS & DIE: Altenew Majestic Bloom (leaves only)
SENTIMENT DIE: Die'Sire
DISTRESS INKS: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold
STENCIL: Clarity Stamp
OTHER: Cotton, Sweet Poppy Pearlescent dimension past (also sprinkled with glamour dust), Pearls, Frames cut on ScanNCut.

This one is for
Tuesday Throwdown TT335 - Use Dimension
The Crafty Addicts #34 - Anything goes CAS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do hope you get the time to join in with us this week and I can't wait to see what inspirational cards you all make.


Hugs,
Sharon xx


15 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon! All your 3 cards are so fantastic that's is almost impossible to choose a favorite! The mixed media card though... It's so skillfully executed, amazing job using so much details and layers and still keeping the design CAS... Maybe that is my favorite! The contemporary look with the "vintage twist" of the first card (and funny sentiment!) of are amazing too. Thank you so much for having me as GD at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon your post is awash with inspiration! Full of elegance, techniques, colour and so much beauty. You've rocked this frame idea with all this beauty. Hope you're having a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Sharon, what an awesome week! LOVING these cards! I couldn't help giggling at the first one... so mean but so funny! That background is stunning <3 I adore the frame and vintage-look stamping on the second card (what make are the frames? Might need to add those to my wishlist) and your third card is absolutely incredible, such beautiful layers and detailing yet perfectly CAS too... how fabulous! Hope you're having a super weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm have to say I particularly Love the first card with the vintage sentiment and the fab background, your third card of the trio is also has a vintage look love them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all of these cards are so cool. Very different styles, terrific inspiration for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards! Love the CAS feel with the added dimension. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three lovely cards but the first is my favourite...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful trio, Sharon! I must get that Hero arts set of sentiments - they are right up my street and yours really pops against the soft colours of the background! The combination of Kraft and metal looks great on your second card and I love the textures on your third card with the paste, frames and thread. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your new card are looking so very great! I love how you have greated the baggrounds. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. Hugs, Bianca DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Cards. I like all of them, especially the way you use only a part of the Card! Fantastic.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that first card especially - such a fun sentiment, and I love the gorgeous die you used, and your shading underneath! Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Sharon ! What a delicious array of cards ! I'm totally in love with your first card and this cheeky sentiment ! I had a look to the other sentiments of the set and I laughed out loud, they are so great ! I love this die and the gorgeous background ! Superb ! Great idea also the metal frame, I love how it pops up on the kraft paper ! And what a beauty this last card ! Even if it is mixed media you totally succeeded in keeping it very CAS ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great trio of cards Sharon! I like them all especially the first one, yet it is the third one that blew me away; your modern mixed media CAS collage is gorgeous! I find this kind of thing tricky to create and still look artistic, so I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.