Instagram

8 Apr 2017

Less is More #323 - OLC Curve



Well, hello there! Lovely to see you!

Are you ready for a one layer challenge? I am beginning to really look forward to one layer week at Less is More now. Hope you are too.  The rest of the design team have heaps of inspiration for you so please do pop along and take a look at their cards. This week we have the lovely Dawn from Auroracrafts joining us as guest designer and she has made such a pretty card so please head over to her blog to take a look and leave her some love.

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/

I have 3 ideas to share with you today for incorporating a curve into your OLCs.

1) Cut a curve in the front of the card.


I've had this Lili of the Valley image for ages and I use it a lot in my cards for little boys. I thought I would give this one an outing as Lili of the Valley are sponsoring us this month and the curve on the image sparked the idea to cut a curve in the front of the card. As it is spring I've added a few spring flowers in the grass and some blossom on the tree with liquid pearls for interest.

 Unfortunately, photographing the card from this next angle made the liquid pearls look fuzzy!

STAMPS: Lili of the Valley lazy afternoon, WOW! Just sayin' stampset41
INKS: Memento onyx black
OTHER: White linen card, pale green card, colouring pencils liquid pearls, dinner plate (used as a template to get the curve shape)

I'd like to enter this one in at:
Ike's World Challenges #85 - Anything goes with a twist of In The Garden
The Crazy Challenge #245 - Bingo - I used green &  brown with grey on the paper.
Crafty Cardmakers #185 - Spring into spring

2) Curve the sentiment (and highlight it!)


This is one of my quickie cards to make and it uses very little supplies too!

I simply curved part of the sentiment on an acrylic block and stamped it onto kraft card. Then, instead of adding a shadow to the letters I used a white pencil to add highlights instead. Finished with a simple white pencil line border.


STAMPS: Happy Little Stampers - bold birthday sentiments
INK: Versafine vintage sepia
OTHER: China White pencil, Ruler and kraft card.

I'm popping this one in at:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Happy Birthday (CONGRATULAYIONS ON YOUR 8th BIRTHDAY SSSWC!)

3) Stamp images in a curve


Here I have taken one of the smaller butterflies in the stamp set and stamped it multiple times in curves in different colours. Ha! now I have looked at this again I could have made a rainbow with this stamp!!

 
 
STAMPS: Concord & 9th - butterfly beauty stamp set (I'm LOVING this stamp set!!)
DISTRESS INKS: seedless preserves, dusty concord, wilted violet, shaded lilac, milled lavender.
OTHER: smooth white card.
 
This one is for:
The Card Concept #70 - Purple Haze
Inky Chicks #81 - Use Purple
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I really hope you have time to join us this week as it would be super to see how you interpret the curve theme.
 
Thanks so much for popping by.
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

16 comments:

  1. Simply CAS-tastic and striking. Each one is so different Sharon ... I admit I did have to do a double take on the first one - thought O-OH she's missed the one layer! No Sharon's just too clever! That such cut little vintage guy and works for loads of occasions. Your second card is just perfect for CAS - quick and easy to recreate ... I need more ideas like this! I'm swooning over your curves of butterflies and wondering how you managed to get them so neat. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sharon! The pop of inner colour against that cute image on your first card is stunning! Love how there's a curve in the image too - so clever! Your second card is awesomely CAS and has a fabulous vintage feel to it, and I can't believe you added that perfect white highlighting by hand :o The curved lines of butterflies are a brilliant idea and honestly I love the shades of purple, so elegant <3 Have a fab weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards - congratulations!
    What a geat festive mood!
    Thank you very much for coming
    to play at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant collection of one layer cards. Your first card is such a clever idea ... if only I'd thought of it!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three cards are so unique and fabulous, Sharon. I love how you die cut the front of your card base in a curve on the first one. Love the highlights you added to the sentiment on your second card, and I think Kraft cards are so elegant. And your last card was beautifully executed stamping in a curve shape. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius ideas here, Sharon. Love the cut curve to follow the shape of the image. And wow, who would have thought little white pencil highlights could add so much dimension, that second card is a triumph. And your perfectly placed stamped butterflies look so pretty, love the purple hues xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic - such lovely delicate colouring and I love the cut away card design :-) Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! these are all just fabulous, love the effect of the cut away curve it is so effective, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful cards here Sharon, so clever too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever idea to cut a curve in your front panel...I gotta try that. All of your inspiration cards are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cards Sharon, I so adore the second one!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah Sharon, you are a genius! 3 cards, 3 different ways to represent a curve on your card! It's splendid! The first is adorable with this little boy lying against this mound, and what a beautiful coloring! I also love the second for its simplicity but so striking with just the small white line that comes to bring out each letter! Looks like they're embossed! And finally this last card with this arrangement of butterflies in a gradation of colors, it is just a pleasure for the eyes! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring so much !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super creation, just love your card shape and colouring :) . Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges and good luck. Jane DT for Ike'sWorld challenge xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you manage to come up with 3 amazing one layer cards?!! I struggle with them. Love the stamp and colouring on the first card (I couldn't see any fuzzy pearls!) and I thought your second card was embossed! Must try that technique. And your flutterbye card is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fantastic! I love how you did the first one with the green layer on the inside - brilliant way to have a OLC with the look of layers! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards !
    Thank you so much for joining us for our special Birthday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.