20 May 2017

Less is More #329 - Geometric



Hello friends, I hope you are all well.

I had an amazing time in Seville this week - what a glorious, romantic and beautiful city it is! I will definitely be visiting there again. But more about that later.  Let's crack on with the new Less is More challenge .............and our cue card this week is:

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/


Our guest designer this week is Julie from Crafted by Jules and her card is sizzling hot! Please take a minute to visit her and leave her some lovely comments. The design team have come up trumps too - they have really worked their magic. Please try to pop over to the challenge blog to see what they made.

I love geometric looks on cards but have, up to now, not really bought any geometric stamps. Ha! one set even arrived yesterday, so I had to ink some of it up too didn't I?

That means I have 4 cards to share this week!

1) Glazed Triangles


Here I've stamped the triangles and glazed them with a gellyroll glaze pen before doing the ink blending

I'd like to enter this into:
Crafting when we can #144 - Bright and colourful
Fab n Funky Challenges #351 - Create a background
Lost Coast Designs #36 - Use stitching Faux or Real




STAMPS: Altenew Tiny Triangles
DIE: MFT Inside Out Stitched Rectangles. Sizzix Tim Holtz handwritten celebrate
DISTRESS INKS: Shaded Lilac and Picked Raspberry
OTHER: white linen card, plain white card, black card, water spritzer, Sakura Gelly Roll glaze pen, 3d foam.

 

2) Birthday Wishes


Continuing the bright colour mood I am in this week, here's the one I made yesterday with our sponsor's (Unkio) stamps. I added some sparkle to some of the squares with a versamark pen and sparkly clear embossing glitter.

I've made this one for:
Uniko Challenge #41 - Masculine with option of fathers day (Let me know if I've pushed it too far, but well, men are in touch with their feminine sides now so I think the colours are okay - hope you do too!)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - A bit of sparkle
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

 


STAMPS: Uniko Background builders squared and pure florals cosmos (the sentiment)
INKS: Big and Juicy soothing sunset, Versamark clear
EMBOSSING POWDERS: WOW! Opaque bright white and WOW! clear sparkle embossing glitter
OTHER: White Card, Black Card, Versamark pen, 3d foam

3) A really fast OLC


A 5 minute simply stencil and heat embossed card.

This one is for:
Aud Sentiments #180 - Anything goes with a sentiment
Color Throwdown ctd#443 - Colour Challenge

Sieze the Birthday Challenge - Birthday with optional topping of animals (didn't do the option)


STAMPS: Altenew Halftone Hello
STENCIL: ClarityStamps
DISTRESS INKS: squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, cracked pistachio
OTHER: Versamark clear ink, gold embossing powder, white hammered card.


4) Greyscale Hexagons


This card can be made from any nested hexagon dies, but I used my ScanNcut (just for speed).

I'm popping this one in at:
Incy Wincy Designs (15May - 4June) - Black and White plus one other colour (hopefully this qualifies as the DT made cards that include the shades of grey with the black and white)
Through the Purple Haze #125 - Anything Goes



STAMPS: Uniko Flower Power 2
INKS: Adirondack Red Pepper
PROMARKERS: Ice Grey 1, 3, 5 & Black
OTHER: White Linen Card Stock, 3d foam pads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before I go it'd be rude not to share a few pictures that I took of Seville. - I'll keep them small sized.


 


 


 




 



 






 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for coming along to visit today.
Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

25 comments:

  1. What productivity, Sharon! Great idea to use a glaze pen before blending, and I love all the stitched framing on your first card. And those gorgeous stencilled colours with the gold embossing are so refreshing. Thanks so much for sharing your photos, it looks like such a beautiful place. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab set of cards, I wondered how you'd done the tiny white triangles on the first.
    Thanks for having me over to guest this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All totally fabulous and so beuatifully CAS. Thanks for linking one of your wonderful cards up at Uniko - love its colours, sparkle and stamp placement, truly inspirational. Love those photos of Seville too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sharon, what fabulous cards - the colours and images really pack a punch! Thank you so much for joining us at Lost Coast Designs. Have a great weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous selection of geometric designs, Sharon - Seville must have inspired you! I love the bright white triangles against the rich inky background and the crisp layout of your second card. That geometric stencil is perfect for this week's theme and the hexagon have a really graphic feel. Fab inspiration! I love the photos of Seville too - it looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you've got a move in this morning! How productive. I have to agree the colours are not traditionally masculine but they work fine on your geometric guy's card! I love men in suits & a pink shirt! PS looks like a fab time in Seville. It's a girgeous city (I'm a true Hispanophile!) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh you've got a move in this morning! How productive. I have to agree the colours are not traditionally masculine but they work fine on your geometric guy's card! I love men in suits & a pink shirt! PS looks like a fab time in Seville. It's a girgeous city (I'm a true Hispanophile!) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your style, such pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG ! Are you sure you were in Spain or must I say, when did you have the time to do all these beauties ?!! I love them all ! Very different but how much fabulous ! Love the vibrant blending on your first card ! Your second card is totally perfect for men, nowadays men wear all sorts of colours, my husband has a shirt with pink stripes and he is more handsome than ridiculous with it ! Gorgeous and fresh colours for your stencilled third card and the sentiment in gold matches so well with them ! I love these hexagonal shapes in different shades of grey on your last card, it's a combo of colours that always works ! A tremendous set of cards ! Thanks for sharing the photos of Sevilla, it's been 30 years since I've been there, it must have changed a lot ! Have a great WE ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fantastic geometric cards, Sharon! Firstly, I have that Uniko stamp set... I kept staring at it knowing it would be perfect for this challenge but no fun ideas came to my head! Your card design is just perfect. I love the stitched details in your first card, those are always so good for CAS cards. I was in love with these Color Throwdown colors too and your stenciled design is fab, one of my face CAS layouts! Looks like you had an amazing trip. I've never been to Sevilla but believe it's a fantastic place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are lovely. Your colors selection and ink sponging is just perfect. Beautiful pics---thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So much eye candy again, Sharon! All fabulous CAS cards that showcase geometric perfectly. Love the bright colours and different ideas.
    Seville looks beautiful. Have a great WE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seville looks AMAZING. Great photos - what a beautiful place. And your cards are gorgeous!! They're all lovely, but I think the first one has stolen my heart with that incredible inked panel and little triangles - so clever to glaze them with a Gelly Roll pen! I adore the colours on card 2, and the sparkly embossing glitter is yummy. You've achieved a super effect with the ink blending on card 3 with that change from green to yellow and back - fabulous - and the gold embossing looks great set over it. And then you go really classy and minimal with those awesome grey hexagons and discreet red sentiment and achieve a whole new look with that card - is there no end to your talent?! I really love all of these <3 Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos you've shared! And just look at all those beautiful cards! Love each of them, but I think my favorite is the "Celebrate" card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of these. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards! The throwdown colors are a gorgeous way to highlight that border! Thanks for joining us in the CTD challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great cards!! Love the stenciled border on the CTD card. Love seeing your photos too!! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab cards. You were on a roll here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! 4 brilliant cards Sharon and I am struggling to come up with one idea! My favourite is the first with its lovely colours. Seville looks amazing - it's on my list of places to visit at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful group of cards! Your "stitched" card for the Lost Coast Designs challenge is delightful! Love your background and the simplicity of the design. Thanks for joining the challenge on the Portal to Creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your cards! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great group of cards. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm here ... better late than never eh! Just had a busy few days with family and this is the first opportunity I've had to visit. Sharon how on earth can you have a few days away and still produce not one but a whole bunch of stunning geometric designs. Loving all the techniques and bright colours. Especially love all that sparkle you've added to the Uniko BG builder squares - it makes them pop perfectly. Hope you're having a great week and thanks for playing along at Uniko. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Amazing cards! Such lovely designs!! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.